Chick Fil A

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by gmckee1985 • Oct 29, 2014.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I love this store. Not only because I am a Christian, but because I have never had a bad experience in one of their restaurants. The service is always pleasant, and they have never screwed up my order. Definitely my favorite fast food chain. Anyone else a big fan?

2. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    I respect that the owner gives his employees off on Sundays, I think family is important. However, I do think they are a little on the expensive side. For what they charge for their small parfait, I can get one three times the size and better at another store. I love their chicken sandwiches though. And their waffle fries are the best.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a Christian as well, so yes, I admire this establishment. I have not eaten at one, because there aren't any in my area. A relative of mine loves this restaurant, so I wanted to get a gift certificate for her. There was some issue with being able to do so over the phone from my state, but they went out of their way to assist me. I was able to get it and have her pick it up on her next visit. They made sure she enjoyed her meal, and due to the issues involved, they even gave her a coupon. I was very impressed.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    One of the few places where it is worth standing in the line that wraps around the block. Their milkshakes are simply divine and the food is some of the healthiest fast food you're going to get. You have to eat those waffle fries while they are hot though, they don't keep well and they could do a little better with their dipping sauces.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Chick Fil A's food but I hate that they don't have many locations so they're hard to get to. And I respect the Christianity but I don't like the only supporting anti-gay groups with his charity dollars or speaking out publicly against gay marriage.

I'm Christian but I have a bisexual daughter and I don't like anti-gay hate groups or hate speech.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think it's necessarily a hateful position to be against gay marriage. As for the poster who criticized Chick Fil A's sauce options, have you ever tried the Chick Fil A sauce? I'm not sure what it's made out of, but it is simply the best dipping sauce I've ever tasted. Definitely try it if you haven't. The waffle fries definitely don't last very long, so as another poster mentioned you definitely need to eat them while they are hot.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I'm hesitant to support them for the same reason. I'm not a Christian though, so I have less trouble rejecting them altogether ;). As for being a fan of their food, ideology aside, I've never had it. I keep hearing over and over again that it's really overrated, but I guess I wouldn't be opposed to just trying it once.

8. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely adore their chicken biscuits but I won't eat there due to the aforementioned anti gay rhetoric and hate speech and supporting anti gay groups with the profits from the business. I'd feel like I was contributing to that if I ate there, so I don't. I also hope they give their employees of different religions their holy days off as well as giving Sundays off.

9. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Why do let people let politics get involved in what they eat or what businesses they choose to frequent? Thats silly to me. I couldn't care less what a business owner supports. As long as I enjoy the product they are offering I'm going to keep giving them my business. People politicize everything these days and it's highly annoying.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Which is easy to say when you aren't the one without rights to match everyone else's. You're probably also not treated badly or found annoying for just being born the way you were. Everyone is entitled to ignore that their fave business lends a hand to prejudice and people being treated as less than (because until we all have the same rights, that's exactly what they're doing. They believe they are above and believe in holding others back). It's not annoying to not want to contribute to that. It's not political, it's human. Every voice is a vote, just as every dollar is.. my voice and dollars go to progress.

11. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, agreed. Your dollars DO count as a voice- and how you choose to spend them should reflect your values. If you can't be bothered to care, it makes me wonder if you either aren't all that strong in your values, or you just genuinely don't believe that your choices and what little influence you might have matters. I find either one to be sad. I'm not under any delusion that I'm hurting Chick Fil A by not giving them my business, but that doesn't mean that I'm willing to support them, either.

12. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The funny thing is that before people tried to spread this "close them down" thing about Chick-Fil-A restaurants. Now, we got reports saying that they are growing. In my opinion, as long as the workers are nice and the food is great. I don't care what the owner may personally believe.

13. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    It's a free country, so everyone has the right to stand up for what they believe in, even if everyone does not agree with it.
    As far as the food goes, I love how their food tastes. I have not been to Chick-Fil-A in a long while because there isn't one close by. I wish there was one close by, because I would love to have one (or two) of their sandwiches.

#13Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  14. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I respect people's right to believe in what they want to believe in. I don't have to agree with them and, just like being gay has nothing to do with someone's code of work ethics, I don't think someone's stance on gay marriage has anything to do with whether or not their restaurant is worth supporting. I support gay marriage 100%. I don't think anyone has the right to tell them they can't get married. I just can't marginalize someone for having the beliefs that they do as long as it's not hurting anyone else. If it turns to hate than that's beyond beliefs. Anyway, I prefer Chipotle. Best taco salads ever!

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're not seeing the cause and effect. The profits from Chick Fil A are contributed to anti gay groups. If I contribute to those profits, my money is being donated to anti gay groups. Anti gay groups discriminate against my daughter and her friends. There are plenty of businesses that I can shop at without stabbing my kid in the back.

16. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I also love this place. We have one on campus. Although I wish they were open on Sundays, I respect a franchise not letting money interfere with their beliefs. I have never had a bad experience and they always have great customer service. And those waffle fries!!!! :p

17. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I still think Chipotle is better. It's the only Mexican fast food places that doesn't give me the sh#ts after I eat.

18. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Chipotle is pretty good. My girlfriend is obsessed with that place. Though I think I personally prefer Moe's. They are a bit pricier but I think they have better quality food than Chipotle. Can't go wrong with either one, though.

19. smartdude966

smartdude966New Member

Threads:
    Chick fil a is such a good restaurant. It is so many food products that they make chicken out of. They make some of the best tasting chicken I have ever tasted. I have not been to that restaurant often but I only went there a couple of times because there is not one that is near me. I haven't been in about a month so I'll be sure to visit this restaurant again soon.

20. adbutler0104

adbutler0104New Member

Threads:
    When I was in high school we could order from Chick Fil A at a little stand in the cafeteria. This was a very long time ago but we were all happy kids and enjoyed eating something other than what was cooked by the cafeteria ladies.

As an adult, I do not eat there. The closest one is at least 30 minutes away and there's other options for "fast food" in my local area. I have nothing against the restaurant and I believe that everyone should stand by their beliefs, but I also believe it is wrong to shun those who do not live the way you believe they should. Once they combined their beliefs with their restaurant they gained and lost costumers. They make awesome food, beef is overrated, but I don't see me or anyone in my family eating there. I will say that I love the fact they get Sunday's off to spend with their families, if not for religious standing, it means a lot for children who have working parents!