Scary Movies (Nothing R-rated) for Halloween?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Squigly • Oct 30, 2014.

1. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm looking to screen some Halloween flicks as part of the holiday celebrations. However, there will be some minors watching so I won't want to show anything excessively gory or containing nudity. Horror-comedy flicks might be fine as well.

Just looking for any suggestions you guys might have - hit me up! :D

2. Athena02

Athena02Member

Threads:
    I suppose you could try some horror series marathon. Like The Grudge or The Ring. You might even give the Japanese versions a try if you never tried these.

Otherwise, only movies I can think are The Haunting In Connecticut (1 & 2), Drag Me To Hell, Shutter.

If you want something more meant for kids but still a bit creepy, you can try Haunter.

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    PG-13 horror movies I would like to recommend that are great to watch:

It; bunch of adults relive their childhood horror, about a monstrous and malignant clown-like creature; plus, it was written by Stephen King.

Mothman Prophecies; based from true events, this movie is about a journalist who believes his wife's death was connected with this nefarious creature haunting a West Virginia town.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose; most film-goers should know this movie.

1408; a very good horror movie, starring one of the actors I like, John Cusack.

The Ring; only part one was good to watch - most people know of this movie.

Poltergeist; this movie used to scared the rationality out of me, especially knowing the fact that the little girl in the movie died after the film was leased publicly.

The Village; was a good thriller film and had a plot-twist that I didn't expect - one of the few films I like from M. Night Shyamalan.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Lots of great suggestions here, and certainly enough for a movie marathon! Thanks a lot for this list :D

5. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    For Kids: Monster Squad - it is about a group of kids who try to save the world from the universal studios monsters

Satruday the 14th - this is a horror spoof that I loved as a kid

any of the universal studios movies-- wolfman, frankenstien, etc

Seriously, if you think about it, many of the older films do not have the sex, violence, or profanity. So anything from the 50s or 60s would do. Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde.
    Poltergeist is PG 13, the rating was made specifically for that movie. Speilberg knew that most of the viewers would be teenagers, so he wanted to be sure it woudl not be R and exclude them.

6. Athena02

Athena02Member

Threads:
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose might be a bit too creepy for the younger kids. I was 14 when I watched this and going to the bathroom at night creeped the hell out of me. But then again, I suppose that's the whole point of Halloween.

The Village has always been one of my favorite movies however, now I feel like watching it again :D

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    It's hard to find good western horror movies that doesn't tread in the edge of being R Rated but I suppose you can go for the classics. But if it's for the kiddies I suggest you pick a copy of "Monster Squad" it's filled with 80's cheesiness but it's perfect for Halloween, it has the perfect balance of scares and comedy, at least for the kids.