Thrifty

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by LadyMiles • Oct 31, 2014.

1. LadyMiles

LadyMilesMember

Threads:
    While living in NY I had access to many different ice cream parlors (even though they were only open during the summer months). In CA there were Thriftys (an ice cream stand) inside of some Rite Aids. Here in NV it seems as though the only ice cream parlors are chain, like Baskin Robins, which are expensive as ever. Well...the other day I took a different route home and found a little corner store that has a Thriftys inside of it. I was so excited...finally found a place to go when I have that craving for an ice cream cone. Now if they only had Mr. Softie, an ice cream truck with soft serve ice cream just like NY, instead of the van that rolls around with Popsicles and candy. Maybe one day. :)

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Sounds like you're a big ice cream fan. I am too, but usually only during the summer months. The rest of the year I rarely eat it. I try to avoid sweets most of the time as I like to try and stay as healthy as possible. My favorite ice cream shop is probably Baskin Robbins. Also like TCBY. I don't know that we have a Thrifty's down here in the south.

3. LadyMiles

LadyMilesMember

Threads:
    I absolutely love ice cream (even though I am lactose intolerant). I have always been a fan of the different flavors they seem to come up with but I would have to say my absolute favorite is Blue Bunny peanut butter panic. It is peanut butter flavored ice cream with peanut butter swirl and peanut butter cups...if you like peanut butter, this brand is to die for. :) I can understand why you wouldn't like it during months outside of summer but I will cuddle in a blanket to ensure I stay warm just so I can indulge in whatever kind I am eating. Eating healthy is sort of important to me but I figure I only live once so I want to be sure I get to enjoy it. Of course I am careful in some aspects but the doc says I am pretty healthy for my age so until he says something different, I will continue to do as I have been doing :) By the way, thanks for your response.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really miss Thrifty's. They used to be a full service drugstore. They were bought by RiteAid or its parent company. Now, the only thing that remains of Thrifty's are the ice cream stands inside Rite Aid. I remember being able to buy a single scoop ice creams for 5 cents, a double scoop for 10 cents. The RiteAid that took over my childhood neighborhood Thrifty's still has the ice cream stand inside.