Automatic vacuum cleaner

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Peninha • Oct 31, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Does anyone has one of those automatic vacuum cleaners that we just turn on and they go alone around The House cleaning everything? I think this has to be something really practical, but at the same time expensive as well no?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't own one and probably never will. Vacuuming the classical way while listening to some music is actually quite fun, why would I let an automated machine take that away? :D And I imagine that such vacuum cleaners are better suited for large open spaces like a warehouse or similar - there's no way it would do a proper job in small, full of object spaces.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, for small spaces it will be harder, but I don't share your opinion, I don't feel that vacuuming is fun lol, far from it, I see it as an obligation and I would be happy if a machine did the job for me. Sadly I can't afford such devices, they are super expensive.

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    They are so expensive and they need to be repaired every now and then. Think about it, they crash into your furniture and walls all day. They will wear down over time. They are great time savers, but they are not an affordable option right now.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Um, I don't trust an automatic vacuum to not end up sucking up things I don't want it to. I can just see this gadget trying to eat the corners of my couch cushion or finding a shoelace or something else really silly I had forgotten to pick up. I don't think the expense is worth it either.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure they would do a good job. I'm meticulous and go over a spot several times until I am happy, so using an automatic one would save some work, but not enough. I don't think I would ever use one even if someone gave it to me as I would be anxious where it was and what it did. I've only seen them on the television, so I may change my mind if I see one in action, but in the stores it's hard to tell because it's not a real setting.

7. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I dont have one but I know someone who does - they are great for keeping the carpet free from most debris - but they need to be recharged constantly and you still have to use a regular vacuum regularly to keep your carpet really clean.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think they are alright for some light maintenance of dust but for a more thorough cleaning I don't think they can completely replace manual vacuuming. It's good for some in between chores periods though and it's especially useful for when you are feeling lazy to clean up. The only thing I worry about is that it may knock some of the less stable furniture around but I doubt it's a common occurrence.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sure, it won't clean under certain surfaces or corners, but it can do the majority of the cleaning. I'd love to have one, but I would first need a bigger place where to store such a vacuum cleaner because I've heard that they are rather large.

10. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I suppose that if you have a small carpeted area that you want to keep clean that this product might be sufficient. For larger surfaces however - these aren't the most efficient of products -and they do have a lot of issues.

11. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I think it would be lovely to own a vacuum cleaner that would do all the job for me. I believe they are quite the best. I hope to try and buy them sometime in the future.. I think it would be great.

12. emily0531

emily0531Member

Threads:
    My parents just purchased the little "robot" vacuum, and they love it! They are older and dealing with health issues, and this gadget is very handy for them. As far as quality, it seems to do a thorough job, and it is fun to watch!

13. globulon

globulonMember

Threads:
    I would love to have an automatic robot vacuum cleaner! My place isn't large and I really hate vacuuming around the hose. I would definitely be worried about dropping things on the floor and losing some items to the cleaner though. On the bright side it may make me more cautious!

14. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    My sister has a robotic vacuum specifically for pet hairs. And she just loves it. I'm sure she still has to give the house a good vacuuming the old fashioned way, but this robot makes her life a whole lot easier. The floor looks pretty clean after it's done. At least to me, it does. And not constantly having to vacuum up cat hair. I know that would would drive me mad.