Starbucks Delivers...

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Gin0710 • Nov 1, 2014.

1. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    What are your thoughts on Starbucks delivering? Do you think it makes us (Americans) more lazy or is it more convenient for people who are stuck at work and really want or need a mocha? Someone made a comment that we are heading to the future like the movie, Wall-E. Do you agree?

wall-e-hoverchairs.

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it's not particularly more unhealthy than the many other existing delivery services for fast foods like pizza. I think the biggest factor that drives people to want delivery services is convenience rather than pure laziness. Many people work long hours and don't have the time to prepare meals, or even pop by a nearby restaurant for their food.

3. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of people send out interns for coffee runs. It makes sense that Starbucks would deliver in cities but I'm not sure about everywhere else. A couple of years ago Burger King tried city delivery. I don't think it really took off.

4. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    Just about every building in Seattle has a Starbucks in the lobby. So I can see how if every building in every city has a Starbucks in the lobby, how successful this new service will be. Plus it will create more jobs and maybe bring in more sales. Great, talking about Starbucks makes me want a mocha. :/

5. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    It does make sense for companies who are nearby to a Starbucks and have a lot of employees. Many people do not have time to run by and pick up their coffee in the morning and delivery while at work is a nice luxury for those who can afford it. It does not make much sense for them to do home delivery as they would lose more money in gas than they would earn from the purchase.

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    This is a great point. The general abundance of locations alone makes me wonder how many people will see a need for a delivery service. Also - how are they going to keep the coffee hot? I can see if it was delivery of those boxes of coffee and some pastries, maybe for meetings or something, but if we're talking delivery of individually ordered specialty drinks, I just don't see how it can be cost effective. I mean, $5 is already pretty freaking expensive for a cup of coffee. I'm not doubling that to have a lackey barrista drive it to me, you know?

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I have two issues with this and one is probably unreasonable as any delivery person could do something to your food, but I don't know, my hot chocolate being that convenient for some evil delivery person? Ew. Not to mention, they may put their hands right on the rim where I'm supposed to drink.

My other issue is that even when I ask for extra chocolate in my hot chocolate, it doesn't always work, so how am I going to get them to correct that? I'd have to pick mine up.

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I think it doesn't make a difference. Well, I think it does when it comes to making the lines shorter in stores. As a personal choice, I do not like my drinks delivered. I do not want other people to touch the straws or whatever.

9. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I think delivery starbucks is a great idea if you're a corporation or something. This makes it so that the interns or someone who usually goes to pick up the drinks not have to waste time to get coffee and instead get things done. However, I am concerned for the general public though and concerned for the obesity rate...

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't think getting delivery of coffee is too overboard of an idea. It's just catering to people who love the drinks and I see it more like any other food that can be delivered, like pizza. If a person chooses to just drink a cold coffee drink while watching a movie at home instead of eating pizza then it's a lot less surprising, and I see it as just being that.