Wahl beard and mustache trimmer

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ExpertAdvice • Nov 3, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Has anybody bought and used this shaver? I am contemplating buying one from a local store near me but I need reviews first, is it in cutting hair neatly and in a all-in-one style?

2. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    I am not sure if you are looking at a newer product out there, but the one I bought 3 years ago was great. To tell the truth, it's been my experience that just about everything Wahl sells is professional quality for a reasonable price. I hope I helped at least a mustache hairs worth.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been very pleased with their products as well. I've gone through several hair clipper sets from various manufacturers and the Wahl brand sets have always lasted me the longest with the least amount of trouble. I wasn't using their beard trimmer specifically, but I would imagine it would be just as good as their hair clippers.

Some of the other brands I tried in the past, such as Connair, have died on me in the middle of cutting my hair. Nothing like having to run to the store to get a new set of clippers with your hair half cut! I looked like a total moron, and I'm sure the cashiers were having a good laugh at my expense when I left.

The other problem I regularly had with the other brands is their blades would either start getting "stuck" regularly (even if I oiled them) or they would eventually start snagging my hair more than cutting it, resulting in all sorts of unevenness. I could go over my head with the clippers set to 1/2" on them, then when I looked in the mirror up close, there would be all sorts of random hairs sticking out that had not been cut, while others had been cut. It would look ridiculous.

One thing I will suggest though, if they offer a rechargeable/battery powered model vs a plug in model, I would stick with the plug in model. I've never had good experiences with the rechargeable wireless models of hair cutters - even after a fresh charge they still aren't quite powerful enough to cut cleanly and evenly. And they get worse over time losing more and more power as you charge them.