How often do you buy clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by addicted_buyer • Jun 3, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    How often do you shop for apparel online or in a physical store?

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I buy once in two months. The thing is my older brother have so many old clothes that I could still wear so for saving purposes, I do not buy clothes that often.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes as much as I used to. When I was younger, it was probably at least once a month or more. Now that I am older, I only shop for clothes when I absolutely have to. I am just not into fashion like I used to be. I am more into being comfortable now!

4. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I'm struggling right now, but if my finances were in order, I would probably buy clothes at the beginning of each season. And then a piece here and there throughout the other times. I am clothing deficient right now!

5. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I'm a male but I shop for clothes all the time because you never have too many clothes to wear. I see myself buying clothes every paycheck which is every week.

6. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    Only a couple of times per year. I only buy a couple of trendy pieces each year and stick to classic looks so nothing truly goes out of style. Then again, I hang onto my clothes for years because you never know what will come back. I have a couple of sweaters from the 80's (I kid you not) that my 21 year old daughter wears now. Plus I have a pair of boots that are now "vintage." ;) I buy online sometimes and I hit up the thrift shops, where I've found amazing things, including vintage dresses for just a few dollars.

7. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    Too often!! The only time I might not, is if I have gained a bit of weight - then I buy shoes!
    The only solution for me, is to avoid the shops completely so that I am not tempted to buy clothes.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not as often as I would like. My budget is really tight so I only buy clothes every 3 months. I really miss clothes shopping.

9. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I used to buy clothing often (as a fun activity with friends), now only when I need an item. I lost so many good items of clothing (including shoes), that I now place much less value on them. I buy what I need, when I need them but it is no longer a fun activity to do with friends. We do more wholesome activities now, like outdoor exercising.

10. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    I usually try to buy clothes every pay period which for me is every two weeks. I usually do not go on a shopping spree but I will buy a top or a pair of shoes or pants. I will also get stuff for my son as well.

11. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I buy clothes once every few years. Even then I don't buy new clothes. I find that I can buy good clothes at second-hand shops. Now that I am working at home, there is no need for me to dress up any more. Just the same attire day after day after day.

12. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I usually do my clothing shopping once in the spring and once in the autumn. There was a huge half-off sale at a local Joe Fresh after Christmas, though, where I could purchase nice sweaters for $5. I hope that happens again. I really don't think there is a need to do clothes shopping once a month.

There was a gentleman I worked with and I saw his monthly budgets and it consisted of purchasing $100 worth of clothes every month! Yeesh!

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    That's true, there's no thing as "I have too many clothes" :p

14. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I shop for clothes online and offline about twice a year. I don't buy clothes all the time because I keep them in good condition. Online is my favorite way to shop for clothes, but I still go in store to buy also. I know people who go shopping for clothes every pay day. That's just too much shopping in my opinion, I'm a guy and most of us rarely like shopping.

15. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    My major clothes shopping spree happens once a year. It's usually around Christmas time for me. But every once in a while I'll see some article of clothing I like so I'd buy it. I'm not that big on clothes shopping and I really don't like to dig around and try things on. I'm more of the go in there and grab type so I try to avoid clothes shopping as much as I can.

16. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Very rarely. Maybe every 8 months or so in terms of major shopping spree. I'm not the type of person to buy new clothes as I make them last. Though if you're talking like individual shirts, it's still once every couple months.

17. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Just once per month. Not too often.

18. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I don't particularly have a system for clothes shopping. I may go months without buying anything, then I'll see several 'must have' pieces within the space of a few days or weeks. I buy almost all my clothes from street markets, so I don't pay top dollar for anything, unless I have to dress for a special occasion such as a wedding. I don't worry about designer labels - if it suits me and it's well made, that's all that matters to me.

19. norm17

norm17New Member

Threads:
    i shop clothes online once a month and every week in a physical store..

20. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I think I buy thrice a month but if there's a madness sale going on, my attendance for wardrobe shopping just adds up to the usual. I love clothes and I do make it a point to really earn for a new pair of jeans perhaps or a trendy top.