Do you use the fast food coupons that you receive

Discussion in Coupons started by smartdude966 • Nov 12, 2014.

1. smartdude966

smartdude966New Member

Threads:
    On occasion restaurants like McDonald's and Burger King will do a promotion and give out coupons for the food that they sell. Some people take these coupons and just lose them or discard them, while others use them and get a great deal on food. Personally I use my coupons as much as I can before they expire because usually I get a booklet of coupons. You can save a ton of money buy using them and they feature deals such as, buy one get one free, free drink, and discounted prices.

Have you used fast food coupons, and if not, why?

2. adbutler0104

adbutler0104New Member

Threads:
    Using Fast Food Coupons

My husband normally uses fast food coupons from Burger King and Wendy's to help out with the cost of eating lunch during the work week. Although we have found it cheaper to purchase and create his lunch, sometimes time to do so isn't there. Sometimes we get these coupons through the mail or from our family members who normally just throw them away. It's really nice to purchase something and get a few things free, especially when he works up a really big appetite. We have considered getting into the coupon craze in hopes to cut grocery costs but I have yet to gather all of the information regarding the stores in my area.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    We don't actually eat fast food very often to be honest. I always save the coupons on my fridge and on the rare occasion I'm in the mood for junk, I'll dig through them until I find something, because usually they are pretty good deals.

The only coupons I'm pretty good at using are the ones for Dunkin Donuts, because they always have good deals on coffee. DD is right up the street from me so if I can get a coffee cheaper there than starbucks, I'll do it. And I'm not going to deny myself a free donut if that is involved.

4. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Where I live McDonald's delivers. There are no paper coupons but there is an online system where you can input codes and get a free burger with a value meal or other item of the sort. Interestingly, there are no discounts on the actual food you buy. Only free items if you make a minimum purchase of x amount of dollars.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah. Sometimes, it's the coupons that gets me back in McDonald's as I remember that it's been so long since the last time I ate there. I love it when they break out the coupons, especially the buy one, get ones. If I were cheap, I'd split the cost with someone else on the first burger.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never frequent fast food outlets, but I often find coupons from them in my mailbox. I usually throw them away without even looking at them. I will never support McDonald's, Burger King, or any other multinational fast food corporation. First of all, I think that what they sell isn't food but junk, and secondly, I find them more than just a little unethical.

7. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I seem to get a lot of fast food vouchers posted through the letterbox. The thing is I really don't care too much for a lot of these outlets. And I do wonder about the quality of some of the food itself if they're able to sell the stuff so cheap.

8. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Question for people in the States. Do they still have that Monopoly game every year where you collect properties and if you collect all properties of the same color you get a prize ?
    I remember once I got Boardwalk. This was really really rare to get. I ate McDonalds twice a week trying to get Park Place. At that time I was only 14-15 years old and did not know much about the internet otherwise I would have made a deal online with someone LMAO. I would have hedged my Boardwalk. :)

9. selina

selinaMember

Threads:
    I used first paper coupon for restaurant around three to four years ago with my parents on pizza store. Actually I have received this coupon from my letterbox, which was provided by my company where I worked. And these days they provide online coupon code for the employee who achieved the target in the last month.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say that I don't deliberately plan my meals around any fast food coupons that I may have. One time we received a small booklet full of coupons for McDonald's. I am not all that fond of McDonald's but I'll eat it if I am hungry enough. Obviously these vouchers have a date that you have to use them by. I don't hurry up and use them before the dates. If they run out then they run out. If I happen to be at McDonald's before they run out then I'll use them.

11. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    I keep them in my purse, and we will typically only eat fast food at a place that we have a coupon for. We try to avoid McDonalds though. The coupons often say that you can't combine coupons, but in my experience, most fast food employees don't care. So we are often able to use several coupons at once. We fed a family of 5 at Burger King for $10 the other day.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope, I will never use them. I don't eat fast food, so the coupons are wasted paper here. I've tried to stop all junk mail I get, but it still sneaks by. I don't ever crave fast food these days, since my lifestyle is to be as clean and real as possible, so it's always a big turn off, not the opposite. If I get cravings for anything less than ideal, I can make real foods pretty sinful, so I don't have to feel guilty for eating it or worry about weight gain etc,.

13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In our local McDonalds they never take the coupon from my father and he has been using the same one for months now for a fillet of fish meal! They are definitely worth keeping hold of and inside people ask how you get the vouchers. Here in the UK, they have people giving them outside or are on the back of bus tickets or receipts from places like the cinema or local shops.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I use them but unless there's something in the coupons that I actually like and would get regardless of the discount, I would usually just ignore them because you aren't really saving a lot with most of them anyway and by using the coupon you'll be spending your money which is no way to save. If I see. Good enough ticket I'll use it but otherwise I just like browsing the coupons anyway.

15. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    Back when I would eat McDonald's regularly I would look forward to those coupons. I think the McDonald's coupons had the cheapest deals available. When I started going to Checkers I would ALWAYS use the coupons. Getting a whole meal for around $4 at Checkers is unheard of, so the deals were worth taking advantage of. I remember receiving a coupon for some Burger King sandwiches, but I only got a chance to use them one time.

16. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use them, but when I go up to Manchester to visit my girlfriend and her family everyone up there uses these coupons (sometimes you get them printed on the back of bus tickets), I think it has something to do with the part of Manchester they live in being very poor.

17. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I guess the answer to this is no ?

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use them, but not that often because I don't always have money for extras like fast food. Since I recently lost my dream apartment due to a rent increase, I have to start all over again and save up a deposit again. Even with coupons, it turns out to be cheaper to order from the dollar menu so I usually do that.

19. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    I don't often eat fast food, but when I do it's usually because I've been tempted by some two for one deal that I received in the mail. It's hard to turn down the savings you can get and it really does incentivize you to go visit the restaurant even though you normally otherwise wouldn't.

I've found myself using it as an easy out on the days that I need to work late, or simply don't have the energy to prepare dinner after I get home.

20. CyberGal

CyberGalMember

Threads:
    I keep them around and use them if I'm going there anyway. I won't go out of my way or make a special trip to the places just to use their coupons though. This is actually how I treat all the coupons I get. I keep them and if I need them, I use them but if not, then I simply throw them away whenever they finally expire.