Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by TPhoenix • Nov 13, 2014.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 is the sequel to the second film, Catching Fire, and it's being praised as the movie event of the year. I've seen the last two movies which I thoroughly enjoyed, but found the second one to be on another level of superb and better. The trailer is without a shadow of a doubt amazing and captivating and looks like there's going to be a huge, can't-miss showdown, which will have me back in the cinema on opening night. Also feedback from early screenings have been positive as well. Is anyone going to see this movie next week Friday or later on? Are you looking forward to seeing this movie? And what's your general opinion on The Hunger Games as a whole?

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm definitely going to see this movie. I have also watched the previous 2 flicks and I was thoroughly entertained. I'm a bit disappointed that they pulled a "Twilight" and a "Harry Potter" on us by dividing the last part of the book into two separate movies (just to get lots of revenue) but I think that it would still be fun nonetheless. I just hope that a lot is going to happen in part 1 as compared to the one on twilight which just focused on the pregnancy of Bella Swan.

#2Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I think that the movie is shaping out to be a very nice series, just like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, and the reason for that is because there is plenty of source material. Having many novels means that the movie adaptation can have lots of content and development. For the same reason I feel that the Maze Runner could also become another huge movie franchise if the producers play their cards right.

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I'm excited to see the third installment and have generally have a very favorable opinion of the Hunger games movies. Great acting throughout and they've paid good respect to the books by not deviating from the story too much. The one issue with 2 part movies for one book is the first first part is generally all the set up for the action packed second installment.

The third book was by far my favorite too, so looking forward to seeing how they go about telling the story. There should be plenty of opportunity for great special effects and some truly epic scenes.

5. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I read the series and the books are great! The movies were wonderful, the actors were amazing. I can't wait to see Mocking Jay. I have been anticipating it since Catching Fire. There are powerful scenes in these movies and the director did an amazing job with them.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Owing to the fact that there's no theater in my home town and won't travel 100 miles to watch a movie, I'll wait for the DVDs to be released, wait just a little bit longer and buy a used DVD for a fraction of it's price. Good savings there but though I'll have to wait for a number of months it's well worth it.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I am super excited about this one- the previous films were incredible and really represented their books well overall, and the previews for this one do indeed look very impressive. I hope it lives up to all the hype, though, because I think people are really going to be expecting a lot from it.

8. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I have yet to watch the sequel to the first one, but it's on Netflix so I think I will watch it while the girls are asleep. I never read the books so I'm not familiar or attached to the characters as much as your average fan. I just find those kind of movies interesting.

9. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Oh you should definitely watch it on Netflix where it just came out on late last month. I just recently re-watched the two films to get myself prepared for the new one. The second one does exceed and amplifies upon the first installment quite a lot and is my preferred film out of the franchise so far. Can't believe Friday has finally arrived. I am heavily anticipating going to the cinema later on and seeing this blockbuster on the big screen.

10. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen the first two movies and they weren't that bad. Personally I'm not a huge fan of this series but I've read all three books out of curiosity i guess. I liked the first book though. Anyways, I've heard great reviews about this latest film. I'm looking forward to watching it to see what the hype is all about and since I've seen the first 2 movies might as well watch the whole thing. :p