Birds

Discussion in Pets started by DancingLady • Nov 14, 2014.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Anybody have birds? I have two adorable little parakeets. They are one of the easiest pets to take care of and they are so entertaining. Birds do not cost much to feed as they are so small they don't need much food each day and cleaning out the cage takes only a few minutes.

2. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I guess you could say I do have birds and a lot of them. I don't keep any in my house, but I do have a lot that choose to make my compound their home. They are really beautiful and I only know the local names for them. I try to take pictures of them, but they move too fast. They are some of the most brilliant colors such as black and bright orange, bright yellow and black, bright red and black, and bright blue and black. Some of them are small, but have really long tails and look elegant and as if they are gliding when they are flying. I have set up feeders in several trees on my compound for them and they always like to steal rice, bread, and other foods from my dogs.

3. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of birds, all of various species. Pigeons, Bald plates, white doves, and brown doves, I find it very moderate to keep them feed, the cost of bird food in my country is not so expensive and having them around me is a breath of fresh air, I love going outside of my house to see them flying and perching around in their tree house, and not to mention when the mate and nest, it's really nice seeing them raise baby birds and feeding them. Hi @Serena, how are you? I haven't had much lucky with the survey sites yet :-(

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are lots of birds where I live, and some of them are quite tame, landing on the roof on my house, looking for the seeds that I usually put out for them. I love watching the brightly colored parrots and tiny native pigeons. I can't understand people who stick birds into cages and keep them as pets in their flats. That's also one of the main reasons why I never visit zoos. I can't stand watching caged animals, unless their enclosure is very large and natural.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We had a parrot once as a pet when I was a kid. I'd read numerous stories then that had made me believe that parrots could talk so we tried to teach it some words but learned that all they could do was mimic [whistle] what was said to [the best of their ability]. Unfortunately though someone stole the bird and since then I've never had another bird as a pet.

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I had a quaker parrot for a few months, she was very possessive and became annoying so I had to sell her, but she would imitate dripping water and laughter primarily.

7. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    We used to have lovebirds. There is a belief that if the members of the family are always fighting, the lovebirds will die. I guess that was the reason why our lovebirds died. My grandparents were always arguing then.

8. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any birds, but I used to have two parakeets when I was a lot younger but shortly after, I had an experience of a larger bird chasing me and I've been scared of them ever since!

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We currently don't have any birds at home, but before we had 2 lovebirds, and the male seemed to have comitted suicide shortly after the female one died. He seemed to just not want to live anymore, I was told, and he refused to eat. If I were to buy a bird in the future, I would want it to be a talking one like a parrot.

10. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have had love birds once but I felt really sad for them as they never looked really happy being in the cage. They died after few weeks. I never understood what the reason was exactly but after that I never had birds.