Anyone who loves Nachos?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by maryannballeras • Nov 15, 2014.

1. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    I am a very big fan of Nachos and I always crave for it. I love my Nachos with lots and lots of cheese. The beef grounds has to be very tasty and good, of course. And I also like my Nachos with a lot of salsa as well. Oh, what a sweet treat! Is there anyone out there who loves Nachos as much as I do?

2. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    Random! I would have to agree with you though. Nachos are just overall awesome. They can be a snack or a full course meal. My family have nachos at least once a week. I think we are addicted but hey it makes for an easy meal. When I went to college, I always got nachos as a snack. I'd go into a class with nachos. I like my nachos with a lot of cheese and hamburger meat too. I do not like refried beans on mine though or tomatoes.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really like the cheese sauce that most people dip their nachos into - it's really artificial and laden with sugar and oil, nothing more. Call me classy but I'd rather sprinkle some grated parmesan or cheddar over it instead, grill it in the oven for a couple minutes for perfection.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love nachos as well but not when it's plain. I only like it with ground beef and cheese on top and if it's just a salsa and cheese dip I'm less likely to eat a lot but I still eat some. Also, the nachos have to be as thin as possible because I don't really like thick nachos all that much even though I'm not entirely against them and would still eat a few chips if some were presented in front of me.

5. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    I'm in love with nachos, especially when I have them with a lot of cheese! But to be honest, they are pretty expensive compared to other chips, and I can't always afford buying them, especially when there are more than 1 person with me.

6. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I love nachos. There are so many different toppings to put on them! I order them out all the time and it's kind of amazing how different they are everywhere. It's hard to make a perfect plate of nachos with good stuff on every bite. It's unhealthy but I don't care :) This year I think they surpassed pizza as the favorite junk food...

7. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Nachos, something I will always like to eat! I personally like nachos only if it has some topping added onto it, like sour cream, chili, slices of cooked carne asada, diced tomatoes and oinions, and jalapeños. Also, different types of cheeses on top of my nachos are great to eat with too.

8. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I am a great fan of nachos too and I totally enjoy eating them. I believe it is quite difficult to stop eating it once you start with it. I love to eat them with lots of soya sauce.

9. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I love nachos, but I love trying different twists on it as well- my favorite is a southwestern chicken nacho plate my husband made, with tomatilla sauce, it was fantastic :). I end up craving nachos around this time of year, for some reason.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I just had a couple beef burritos today for lunch as well as a taco bowl for dinner to finish up the leftovers. The meat filling couldn't be simpler, and no dried spice packages of taco seasoning which are loaded with salt and MSG and fillers like corn starch. Instead, I just simply used this stuff:

51dYrnt1U2L._SY300_.

I added some ground beef to a pan along with some frozen diced onions, and browned them. Then when all the excess liquid evaporated and the meat had browned, I poured in this sauce and let it all simmer until the sauce thickened and reduced to my liking. It tastes so much fresher than using powdered mixes.

Other times I will simply pressure cook some boneless skinless chicken thighs, shred them, then add them to this sauce and simmer until it reduces down to a gravy like consistency for a chicken taco/burrito filling.

I've been also wanting to maybe experiment with nacho toppings, perhaps some shredded Fontina cheese and diced Prosciutto for example - then throw them all under the broiler.

11. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    This thread just made my mouth water for some nachos and cheese. Every time I get the opportunity to have some of that, it's an indulging experience. To be able to dip nachos in that nice, warm, tasty cheese and then have the flavor go off in your mouth as you eat it never gets old. I'm going to the movies later on and now I'm seriously considering buying it at the cinema, though my original plan is to sneak some food in because I can't bother with paying over a total of $30 for items between my younger sister and I at the concession stand.