Interstellar (2014) movie!

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by valiantx • Nov 16, 2014.

1. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Finally saw this latest movie directed by Christopher Nolan, starring Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, and Michael Caine. It was a lot better than I had expected it to be, and Dr. Mann's planet was something. Also, the storyline was well written and very scientifically correct to contemporary physics sciences. I hope there is a sequel to this movie not to long in the future, because the story can evolve in so many ways.

So, what are all of your thoughts about this movie?

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    It was quite an interesting watch, but personally I'm not too fond of time travel in science fiction as a whole. I feel that it's often open to interpretation and always leads to fallacies. I liked many of the scientific concepts of the show though.

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Er, it's a movie not show.

Yeah it is Science Fiction only, but ideas and speculations can project far in effect to the ways humans will discover and create things, maybe not in the next 10 years but thereafter is possible in my mind. What I like a lot was the fact that Nolan actually worked with a true physicist to write the script, and the fact that the wormhole wasn't designed as a 2-D gateway like most Sci-fi movies, but a 3-D sphere that connected with another part of a galaxy.

4. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard great reviews about this movie and it's just too bad i haven't watch it yet. I don't think the theaters are still playing this movie though so I guess I'll just have to wait for a decent copy online that i can download. It would have been great if I've seen it in the movies because of the big screen and all too bad i got really busy lately.

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely loved it and was actually just about to make a thread about how much I loved this movie. The star-studded cast didn't disappoint at all and Matthew McConaughey is showing why he's one of the best actors around right now.

The story-telling was just brilliant. There wasn't a time I was bored or thought to myself "I don't really care about this scene" at all. Everything and every scene had a purpose and it was just so effective in the presentation of the movie.

I also agree this movie could very easily be a sequel. Just so many different directions a follow-up movie could take. If you haven't seen this movie, go see it!

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was about to post a thread on this movie and let me tell you it's a great one. I mean, we have to love space and adventure, but it has all it takes to get us glued to the screen for almost 3 hours. Yes, it's a 2h50 minutes movie.

7. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I was always at the edge of my seat because of this movie. You realize that you are so insignificant and small compared to how enormous the whole universe is. There are actually other planets and galaxies out there and yet here we are so tiny and miniscule on Earth. It has a very nice story and the science is somewhat accurate and believable making the movie great. The actors were also at their best fitting the roles nicely.

8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't watched the movie yet, but I have read some good reviews about Interstellar. People said that Jessica Chastain did an awesome performance in the film, as well as Anne Hathaway. Since you have already mentioned that it's really a must-watch, I might consider buying my own DVD copy of the movie or just stream it online.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, in my personal opinion I think you won't regret it, but it depends a lot on the personal taste of each one. If you like adventure and sci-fi movies it's a must see.

is a little too much though?