Anybody itching for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Nov 16, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a long time fan of the Metal Gear Solid series. I first played the game in the PS1. I wasn't hooked instantly. Actually, I hated it because I didn't know how to stealthily get by the guards. But as I tried to learn the controls and gameplay, I learned to love it. I realized how immersive the game really is, the great story, the awesome use of sound, the cool weapons, the badass bosses... They were are so brilliant. That's why I followed the series up to Ground Zeroes.

I didn't really like Ground Zeroes all that much. But I'm still looking forward to The Phantom Pain. I feel like it's going to be the best MGS game yet. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

What about you?

2. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I am going to get it on PC as soon as it arrives next year. It's sad that they had to delay this game to next year, but I will take a well-polished game any day over a rushed one like AC: Unity. I for one can't wait for it.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely, Metal Gear Rising was a extremely well designed game, in terms of gameplay, graphics and storyline. I would say it's one of the few franchises which has been continually improving throughout the years. I wouldn't preorder it though, the prices of the older installments have been continually dropping.

4. ducklord

ducklordMember

Threads:
    I tried Ground Zeroes on my PS3 and was actually hooked, couldn't put the controller down for hours! I didn't expect it to be THAT good, and they say that The Phantom Pain will be even better, allowing you even more freedom in the way you tackle the action, even more "things to do" leaving you room for experimentation (and lots of replays).

So, yeah, although I didn't think I'd like it, I now feel an urge to go back and play all the games in the series, just to prepare for the latest and greatest in it.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Now that you mention it, I also think I wanna play through all the Metal Gear Solid games. I don't wanna play the 2D games though cause I think they suck balls.

I'm gonna play Twin Snakes, then Sons of Liberty, then Snake Eater then Guns of the Patriots... Ah, those are truly great games... They're making my fingers twitch with excitement.

6. ducklord

ducklordMember

Threads:
    Since I'm also going to start, and I have many versions of them available to me (but haven't really-really played them)... er... Do you happen to know what are the best versions of (some) of them (that were multi-format releases)? Original PS2 for MGS2-MGS3, or PS3 HD Remake? PSP or, again, PS3 HD Remake for Sons of Liberty? And was Twin Snakes release anywhere apart from Wii? I recall it was an exclusive release on only this platform.