Has anyone here tried Windows 10 yet? If so how was your experience?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by deathbyprayer • Nov 17, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm currently downloading the technical preview of Windows 10 and I'm at 60% and then it dawned on me, what if this preview isn't as stable as I thought?

I just got a new computer and currently it has no OS installed and I got no money left to purchase a new license so I thought I'd be a cheapskate and get a copy of Windows 10 technical preview which is free until April 2015 (I think). By the time the preview expires I'm sure I'm all set to buy a licensed one (yes I know I can pirate one but I'm using this new computer for business :) )

So, if you've tried it out how was it? I'd love to know. Thanks!

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't used Windows 10 yet. I mean, I'm still happy with my regular Windows 7 so it's kind of exhausting to keep up with these new Microsoft OS updates. From what I viewed, though, there's no huge difference between the Windows 8 and Windows 10 interface - but I could be wrong. Here's a video you might find helpful:

3. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have not used windows 10 till now but I think it would be quite good. One thing you know sure is that it is much better than Windows 8.I think it would be quite stable and helpful too.

4. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Oh i didn't know Windows 10 has been released? I thought for sure it will be released to public early next year? Obviously i haven't tried using it but I've seen the preview and I'm actually super excited for it. There are some pretty major changes and i can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm still using Windows 7 because i didn't bother upgrading to Windows 8 but once Windows 10 comes out I'll surely upgrade to it right away. :p

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    People complain too much about Windows 8, despite the fact that it was a vast improvement over Windows Vista and Windows 7. It had major performance improvements and other technical feats that Windows 7 couldn't match. The preview for Windows 10 runs fairly smoothly and it's a great OS, even though it doesn't look too much different than Windows 8 at first. There are some big improvements in the background, too, though.

6. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried it, but I really hope they go back to a more simple interface. Like others have said, Windows 8 was a great improvement over 7 performance wise, but the experience when using it was horrible. I felt lost almost the whole time I was using Windows 8, then I got classic shell and all that went away though. I'm really looking forward to what 10 has to offer, be sure to give us feedback once you try it yourself.

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    It's not released yet, what I got was a developers version, a beta if you will. You can still get it for free I think. I have tried it and I never really got too far with it because of some driver display issues. I think it would be out this April 2015 or something, hopefully this year.

8. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I'm actually thinking about getting Windows 10. People are saying that this software will finally put Windows on the same level as MAC. I don't know if that will ever be true, but I do think that Windows 10 will be worth getting (unlike Windows 8).

9. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried it actually and to be honest I didn't quite enjoyed it because I had some problems with drivers, specifically the display drivers. But other than that I think Windows 10 would probably run good and smooth the same as Windows 8 just as soon as compatibility would not be an issue anymore.

10. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Aside from the driver problems I had I think it's an okay OS. It's not that different from Windows 8 and it certainly doesn't want to go back to it's Windows 7 roots. It's just like Windows 8 with a bit more going on the Start button. Performance wise, I think it's a tiny bit faster but still a bit iffy when it comes to compatibility but I think it's mainly because it's still in beta.