Which toothpaste do you think is best for whitening of teeth?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by akiii123 • Nov 20, 2014.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have very yellow teeth and honestly they are quite embarrassing. I do not know what to do to get rid of the yellowness. Do you know of any toothpaste that is good for this problem?

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Toothpaste is actually not the most efficient way to whiten your teeth, nor is it the cheapest. Baking soda is a very, very gentle abrasive cleaner, gentle enough that it is considered non-abrasive for hard surfaces like your teeth. It will gently but effectively scrub off any plaque build up that is causing stains on your teeth. If your teeth are stained because they are not in good condition, there is really no safe way to whiten them without causing further harm. But a good, regular cleaning with baking soda will have your teeth looking their very best. You can even floss before you rinse the baking soda off you get it to scrub between your teeth. It may sting if your gums bleed, but it can also help heal any minor infection you might have in your gums because it is a sodium.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I was going to tell you to use baking soda and salt as that is known to whiten and polish your teeth. Do that for a week and see if there is any improvement. That is the most natural and gentle way to get it done.

4. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    The first thing in the morning, I rise my mouth out with Arm and Hammer Baking Soda and water. Then I brush my teeth, gums, inside of my cheeks, and tongue with that baking soda. It gets rid of any acid type build up that occurred overnight.
    Then, I eat breakfast and drink coffee. Later, I brush my teeth with the cheap tooth paste called AIM. I love it because it freshens my breath. It has also whitened my teeth over these past few months.
    The only manner, I have used to extra brightened my teeth has been to use an electric toothbrush. That whitens as brightly as visiting the dentist.

5. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    In my humble opinion, all toothpaste is effectively the same. You can argue about "quality", but as far as I am concerned it is just a matter of preference, not efficiency. The real toothcleaner is the scrubbing action of your hand moving the brush up and down. You could effectively brush your teeth without toothpaste. It won't feel as nice, and you won't get that fresh clean feeling, but as long as you are brushing twice a day, and flossing once a day, your teeth will be clean.

As far as whitening teeth, I must ask you: What are you drinking? Because no amount of whitening is going to work if you drink tea, soda, coffee, red wine, or any other dark colored beverage. I would suggest cutting back on these things first, or at least rinse your mouth out really good afterwards so that it doesn't linger in your mouth and stain your teeth all over again.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have also used baking soda to brush my teeth. It tastes awful compared to the minty stuff you buy in the store, but it is much cheaper and works just as well, if not better. I read about mixing the soda with a dab of hudrogen peroxide to whiten your teeth and do an even better job of cleaning the teeth. I just use a tiny bit of soda and then a few drops of peroxide to make a paste, which I scrape my toothbrush in to get it onto the toothbrush.
    This mixture does not taste good either, but no worse that just the plain soda does, at least in my opinion. To me, it is also easier to use, since it it a paste and not just a powder.

7. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Toothpaste isn't all that effective for whitening teeth. If you really want one I would get the Crest whitening toothpaste for maintenance. As for whitening your teeth, I would get the Crest whitestrips, I was skeptical the first time I used them, but they gave me good results and I'm happy with the color of my teeth now, I just use the toothpaste to maintain the color.