Turkey Attractions

Discussion in Travel started by Ashlee • Nov 21, 2014.

1. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Turkey is one of my favorite Asian destinations. I really like to visit this region again and again. Its pleasant atmosphere and charming attractions always fascinate me and give me the true happiness. ;)Here I am going to share the names of its most popular tourist spots.
    1) Aya Sofya
    2) Ephesus
    3) Cappadocia
    4) Topkapı Palace
    5) Pamukkale
    6) Sumela Monastery
    7) Mount Nemrut
    8) Ani
    9) Aspendos
    10) Pergamum

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I had a friend from Germany who went to Turkey for vacation once and loved it. She said that many Europeans can find good deals to go and that the beaches are lovely. One of the other tourist attractions she highlighted was the vast market areas. A Turkish rug is quite pricey in most Western lands, so this would be a great gift for someone back home should we ever get to go there.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's a great list you have there. I have always wanted to visit the Hagia Sophia as well as Instanbul. Turkey has both an Asian and a European side. I'd love to be able to taste dishes from either ethnic affiliation. One other place I'd love to visit is the house where the Virgin Mary died. It's supposed to be in the European border of the country. Ah, I need to plan out my itinerary soon.

4. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I must say Ashlee! your shared all Popular and alluring attractions of this region here. I am also a big fan of historical sites as well as natures beauty. After reading your post i assumed that you have lot of interest in historical sites. Am i right?? Here i want to add some other famous and most historical sites of that region. I highly recommend you to must take a visit there during your next tour to this region. I am sure you will not be disappointed, Hope you liked them....
    Blue Mosque
    Aspendos Theatre
    Bodrum Castle
    Yeni Mosque

5. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes XTinx! You must plan out your itinerary soon because Turkey is really very amazing country with the taste of both sides, I mean European and Asian. Its large part is spread over the European side and small is on the Asian side. I have never heard about the house where the Virgin Mary died. Do you have any sufficient information about it? If yes so please share it with me because I want to know about it.

6. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Ashlee, I never went Turkey but after visiting this thread I have great desire to go there. My friend I have no idea about its famous attractions. Can you tell me about some famous and most visited places of this country?

7. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Sure Maxwell! But if you want to know about the attractions of the whole country so, I want to recommend you that please check out the main post of the thread. I have already mentioned the names of its well known attraction. Anyhow for your ease here I am going to talk about the specific region of that country and that is Istanbul. It is the capital city of this region and attracts the millions of visitors every year. Here I am going to share the names of its attractions. I hope you will like them.
    I. Suleymaniye Mosque
    II. Sultanahmet District
    III. Rustem Pasha Mosque
    IV. Hagia Sophia Museum
    V. Kariye Museum
    VI. Blue Mosque
    VII. Topkapi Palace
    VIII. Istanbul Modern Museum

8. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Ashlee, great to see your quick reply. I think all these places are beautiful and best to visit. But here I have confusion; is this possible to visit all these places just in one visit? If yes then tell me how much time will be required for this tour?

9. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    yeah! It is possible, but i think best way is to explore these attractive spots during more then one tours. No doubt it offers fabulous attractive regions. But if you will use some specific regions so you could take more adventures and not to be in rush.

perhaps it will take 20 days. What you say Ashlee! i also want to know about your views.....:)

10. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Kylrey ! You are right it is the best way to explore the Turkey more than one tour because there is a large number of attractive places which have worth to visit there. But if you are interested in to travel around some specific places and cities of this region then you can decide yourself how much time will be required for your tour.

11. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    yeah roki123! here i am curious to know about that. how much time did you take at your first tour to this region. Did you remember yet?? And also tell me the name of those attractive spots where you first made your tour of this region. I am sure our discussion would be prove very beneficial for having an estimate for Maxwell as well. I am very curious to know about you travel story....:rolleyes: that you made their during your first tour in turkey.

12. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Maxwell! I am feeling delighted that you liked my quick answer. These places do not only sound cool but they are also stunning in the real. I hope you will like them and you'll love to explore them again during your future tour. Your worries are true because you cannot visit them in your one trip if you are going there for one week. I know there will be several other places that you will have to visit due to seeing or heard about their attractiveness.

13. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    I found a lot of new ideas and information regarding this tour after reading above posts. I must keep your instructions and suggestions in mind during my trip. Ashlee, especially your comment is quite beneficial for me. Now, I will go there without any tension.

14. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Hy Maxwell! I am glad to know about you found this discussion really beneficial for your tour. :) Here i would like to suggest you to must hire an exprinced guid during your visit to its famous historical sites as Bule mosque or other once. I am sure in this way you could take more adventures of your journey.

15. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Kylrey, I must try to visit all these places during my tour. I will follow your instructions while I will go there. Here I have confusion friends, tell me how can we hire a guide there? I have no idea about it give me some information about it.

16. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Hy Maxwell! If you are travelling with a group tour through a company so then you not need to worry at all. They do provides you an experience guide. But if you are traveling on your behalf then i must suggest you to take help from some good online site. During my visit i was just traveled with a group and my travel organization provide us a guide, how help us to make our journey most remarkable and full of info....:)

17. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Kylrey !let me know did you ever go anywhere though a complete guided tour or mostly you prefer to go for travelling with your family and organize it yourself. I think trip organizers provide the enough services to enjoy the whole tour but what do you think it is the right option to enjoy your tour?

18. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Kylrey, I am traveling alone that's why I am worry about it. Can you provide any online source where I can get some ideas about this trip? I hope you will help me and solve my problem.

19. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Hy Maxwell! These days traveling alone is not a big problem at all. You just have to find a good organization which makes group travelings. No mater you are coming with your family, friends or you are just alone:eek: I am sure with the other visitors you will definitely found new friends or could have more fun with them.Just about two weeks ago i came back from my NYC sightseeing tour with GetBusTours organization. Was alone but i haven't feel that during my journey not at all.

20. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Kylrey, after reading your post hope so I will enjoy my trip alone. You are right we can make new friends during our tours. I want to make my tour memorable and most enjoyable. Now, I am feeling happy and relax.