How do you find Dr. Pepper?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by xTinx • Nov 25, 2014.

1. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although this carbonated soft drink originated in the west, the moment I was introduced to Dr. Pepper I was hooked. Even the fact that it's a rare commodity in my part of the world makes it worth the purchase. What I love most about Dr. Pepper is that it comes in cool and unique flavors. Other soda companies only have three to five offerings (maybe more if I include the sugar-free and light products) but they're all typical. Dr. Pepper has around the same number if not less but the flavors are not your usual soda flavors. Too bad some of the really interesting ones were already phased out.

I'm hoping to find The Limited edition Vanilla Float. May I be lucky. How about you guys? Do you like Dr. Pepper?

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I used to like Dr. Pepper, but years of drinking it dulled my liking to it and to most other soda-pop drinks. When I worked at a bowling alley, I used to drink Dr. Pepper all the time, because I worked in the snack-cafe area and I was privileged to drink as much as I could every working day - this was a bad thing for my health, which I sharply stopped the habit after I left the job. Dr. Pepper tastes best for me with drier types of foods, like steak or pie, because it adds a creamy mild-sweet taste but is not too carbonated like other soda drinks.

Nowadays, I opt for Ginger Ale or the sodas made with refined sugar, instead of corn syrup - the difference is huge in taste, flavor, and effect, because sugar sodas doesn't give me that head-high like corn syrup does.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Dr Pepper is my favorite soft drink! I haven't tried all the other flavors yet, but I typically prefer flavors which aren't limited edition. Vanilla flavor isn't really my thing, you might as well go all out and make a soda float instead.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I used to really enjoy Dr. Pepper. I have never really been much of a fan of dark pops/sodas. Coke, Pepsi and other dark sodas make my teeth feel funny after I have consumed them. I know that they are bad for me. But Dr. Pepper seemed different. I really enjoyed the taste, and the fizz was just right. Unlike some other sodas where you feel like you are drowning because of how fizzy a drink is. But these days I don't drink any dark sodas except for Kola Champagne.

5. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like posting a bit of a warning here: Keep it rare! It's a wonderful drink, don't get me wrong; but there's such-a-thing as "too much of a good thing." I don't know if it's some 'quality of an addiction' (where the same amount of Dr. Pepper doesn't 'do it for you anymore,' and you need more-&-more to enjoy it just as much).

Legend says it was originally something-like prune-juice in carbonated water (hence the "Doctor" :p ), but now it's a formula mixed in the processing plant---maybe it has the same effect.

How often do you get a chance at it?

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Only when it's available. There aren't too many chances for me to drink it. Besides, I've had one too many cherry-flavored Dr. Peppers and I'm not really one to repeat myself since I'm more inclined to add some variety to my choices. Well, I did say I got hooked but that doesn't mean there's an addiction to the soda pop. When it comes to soda, alcohol and other non-organic beverages, I prefer to drink moderately.

Oh, someone just mentioned ginger ale. Cheers to you because I'm planning to drink it in future as well.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I used to absolutely hate Dr. Pepper, now I can tolerate it on rare occasions- especially the cherry vanilla, it has a great smooth taste. I definitely don't prefer it to other soda brands though, I wouldn't put it on the top of the list personally.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that that could be applied to anything though, whether it is food or medication, or even drugs like alcohol/wine, which is said to be good for circulation. But we all know that it'll kill you if too much is consumed. Moderation is key. I only drink Dr. Pepper when I am really craving some soda/pop, and there is nothing else in the house. My mother doesn't buy it often at all. It is very rare that that is our household's soda of choice. But if it is there and I fancy some, I'll drink it. Not in copious amounts though, because it truly isn't that nice.