Keeping track of your work

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by Lady350 • Nov 25, 2014.

1. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    As a Poster, how do you keep track of what site you need to post to daily, how much you have earned, when are the payouts, and how much you have made per site?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really keep track of my online activities that much, since I only work on 2 sites. But when I want to review and compute my earnings, then I simply just log into my Paypal account to tally the amount.

3. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I have a separate notebook to log my activities manually. I mean, keeping the usernames and passwords and some important details about the job, including links, contact info, etc. I have my own website, joined in so many forums and managing some groups on facebook as well, and so I really have to be organize as much as I can. Monitoring income is of course through paypal, as it is easy there because they have records of your historical transactions.

By the way, I know there are lots of apps that assist you in keeping your important usernames and password... I WOULD NOT TRUST THEM.. why? because, what if one time, the application just stops working???? OMG for the lost passwords!!

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never use any of those applications, although Roboform was ok when I tried it. Nowadays, I just remember all of my usernames and passwords, and I use Key Scrambler along with it, so with that combo, I don't think my passwords will be vulnerable to hackers. When I forget my username and password, requesting the info is easy anyway.

5. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I do well with just a good old spreadsheet. I have several sites and I manage all of them via Excel. Columns include hosting, domain registrar, post schedules, needs updating or not, etc. It gets pretty easy after doing it for a couple of months.

6. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    SPREADSHEETS! LOL I have a spreadsheet of the places I am working and I have a daily quota listed. Every task I do, I mark and when I reach my quota... I go on to the next site and do the task for them. I also have it set up to keep track of how quickly I am doing my task so I can keep track of my times. From some tasks it takes me longer then it does in others. The spreadsheets help me to keep organized and on track every time and I do not try to do more then one at a time. Otherwise you get confused or do things incorrectly. I'm to anal to allow myself to give anything other then good quality work to a client.

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I simply record all my activities on Evernote, where I also prepare most of my work for the following day. It's a great site that functions like a virtual clipboard. You can copy and paste anything you like from the internet, or most things anyway, and use it like a notebook.
    I only work for four sites, so it's not hard for me to keep track of everything. It's all matter of organisation. :)

8. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy writing and posting. I also love reading what others have posted. Whenever my paypal account is getting low, then I tally up how much I've written within that week or two weeks time. Then I have that money moved over to PayPal.
    I work on a site called Casting Words.com. There I transcribe audio files. Every Friday, you can request that payout. Money gets paid directly to PayPal which is shown vy that Monday.

9. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where are you guys posting and getting paid for it? PM me, please, if you don't want to post it on the board. I'm even open to referral links. I'd like to find out more about such opportunities.

As far as tracking work, I usually just keep detailed notes, and I have a separate folder for different types of work I do.

For payments, I think Paypal does a good job of tracking payments once you collect them. I try to set up automatic cash outs where possible, and then I collect payments once per week from Paypal.

10. mylindaelliott

mylindaelliottNew Member

Threads:
    I wonder how people do that too. Right now I get back to a forum I like but hardly ever a thread I like. I can't figure out a way to keep track of how much I am making at all. I started with a list but that doesn't seem to work. I also tried an excel spread sheet without any success. Hopefully someone has a better system than I do.

11. asereht1970

asereht1970Member

Threads:
    I used to have a folder in my computer which holds the different sites that I am a member of, the articles I have written, and the amount I have earned every day. Unfortunately, my computer broke down and the only way to make it work again is to reformat it. I wasn't able to save my files and so I lost track of all the works I have done and the list of sites which I am a member of. Since then, I didn't bother listing them down.

12. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't actually keep track but I realise that I need to have a system to be more efficient and effective. If you go into these things blindly you can waste a lot of time and energy for minimal return on your efforts.

13. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I think you should go to your dashboard or account summary and explore everything from there. I have not thought of a detailed track of my particulars. Everything is pretty much automated and secure so no reason to worry.