Winter Home Workouts?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Squigly • Nov 25, 2014.

1. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    As you know, winter is coming, which means no jogs/cycling outside, no outdoor sports and much more tedious trips to the gym. Does anyone have any tricks or exercises to share which you can do at home?

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I do a lot of my workouts in my own home anyway just because the area near where I live is not necessarily the ideal exercise place. We have a gym in our apartment that's open 24/7, but I often prefer to do them in the privacy of my own living room instead. There are TONS of resources on youtube and Pinterest for at home, equipment free workouts. One of my favorite resources is FitnessBlender, they have a nice range of difficulty level workouts (and you can adapt them pretty easily to be easier or harder depending on your needs) and literally hundreds of free workouts. :)

3. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    All of my workouts are at home, as I use P90X, which is basically a combination of resistance and aerobic training. The huge advantage to this is that no matter what the weather is I can always get a good workout from the comfort of my own home. So, what I suggest is getting a pair of resistance bands and doing classic weight training as well as some sort of aerobic routine.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think jumping rope would be very effective. If it's cold outside and you couldn't go out to have your workout, then you can just do skipping inside your house, only that you would need a space for that. Jumping rope is also a very good alternative, if you don't have that high-end and expensive equipment for working out because it's very affordable

5. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I find using youtube videos is a great source of home workouts. I have a few different weights, a medicine ball and yoga mat and find that I can do a lot of exercises. You can easily find videos that have cardio incorporated or weight training videos. A lot of these online trainers show you exercises how to use your own body weight instead of having to buy equipment.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Youtube videos and a hula hoop are my indoor exercises. When the weather is good I walk 2-4 miles a day, sometimes I will do the walking in place exercises or dancing also.

7. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    Dancing is an excellent way to burn calories, and get your heart rate going while having fun. If you are in the privacy of your own home, there is no need to look like a pro or impress anyone.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Its been a long time since I have lived in a cold snowy climate-but you could just work out in your room and look up some cool workouts on YouTube -and this way you can change it up quite a bit with some different workouts everytime so you don't get bored. The best thing about working out at home is the preparation time is next to nothing and no driving-and to get out of the house(to avoid cabin fever) when the roads are good-you could go to the local mall and do some power walking.

9. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Winters are quite pleasant in India so no problem for us to remain indoors for exercises. You could try out Yoga, Pilates etc. in the comfort of your home. You could also learn Zumba and then do it when you are confined inside.