What do you think of the iPhone 6 Plus?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Nov 26, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you heard of the bending issue of the iPhone 6 plus? A number of videos were released days after the launching of the iPhone 6 plus showing that the device could easily be bent. It's Apple's first 5.5 inch phone and it's not a good way to start. It does look classy (like other Apple products) but the bending issue left people wondering if Apple used substandard materials in this one.

Given the price tag of the iPhone 6 Plus and the bending issue, do you think that you'll still get one yourself? Or will you stick with Apple's closest competitor, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

2. legendia

legendiaNew Member

Threads:
    I don't fall into either category. I bought a Lumia 920 two years ago. I love Windows Phone, but the problem is, is that it's time for me to upgrade, and I don't feel like WP has a worthy flagship phone for me to upgrade to. That seems to be the general consensus with all Lumia 920 owners. It's a shame because we were (and still are) early adopters of WP, but we aren't being treated right. It sucks to see the latest iPhone and all the new Android phones and not have something equivalent on WP. Don't get me wrong, there have been new WP since the 920 and a couple that are a step up, but, IMO, none of them are enough of a step up for me to justify it. I'm a patient guy though and don't mind waiting until next year for an upgrade. I'm curious to see what phone Microsoft has in store for us with Windows 10 coming out next year.

As for the iPhone, it sounds like it's best to wait on it until the issues are ironed out. I know a few people who have the phone and haven't reported any issues. My guess is, is that it's only happened to a few people and it's being blown out of proportion. Not really defending it, because if you buy an expensive phone like the iPhone, you definitely wouldn't want it to bend on you shortly after getting it. The smaller iPhone 6 is about the size of my current phone, which is about as big as I would go. Problem is, it seems like the Plus is superior, so if you want the better phone, you have to deal with a larger screen.

I think I'll just have to suck it up and get a larger phone. All phones are trending in that direction. When my Lumia 920 came out, everyone thought the phone was pretty big at the time, but now it seems about average in size and it's pretty common to see phones larger than mine.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I'll just get the regular Iphone 6 when I buy one. I was never a big fan of big phones, when Samsung came out with the Galaxy I thought it was way too big. So, now that the iPhone 6 Plus has been released my mind hasn't changed in that respect, I feel like once a phone gets to be a certain size it's more cumbersome than convenient.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest I feel like Apple has been on a decline with regards to innovation and quality. I'll probably be sticking to Samsung phones from now on. The only real benefit that Apple offers is its iOS, which is less prone to bugs since it is dedicated to Apple devices, while Android spans many different makes of phones.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not planning on buying it even without the bending issue because I don't like the size and the design. I like the way 5s looks a whole lot more and if I were to buy an iPhone I'd just go for that one. That said, I'm still not entirely against it since it still is a good product. I certainly wouldn't refuse one if it were gifted to me, but I just prefer the older version a lot more.

6. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    I'm not planning on buying one, but I know a few Apple die-hard fans will buy them no matter what. It looks pretty sleek, but I'm finding that Android is just much more customizable. I feel like the improvements on their phones are getting more and more insignificant. However, despite the bending fiasco a while back, I believe that it is a sturdy phone, and the iPhone 6 does its job well.

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The bending issue was highly blown out of proportion and doesn't affect 99% of iPhone 6 Plus devices. While people will point out that it's got lower end specs compared to other phablets, the device is still solid nonetheless. None of the processors and other specs matter when you pick the device up and use it. If it runs smoothly and handles all of your tasks, then it doesn't matter one bit how the specs look compared to other devices. It's as simple as that and applies to any other smartphone.