Any love for John Mayer?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by maryannballeras • Nov 27, 2014.

1. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    Okay, I know that John Mayer can sometimes be too proud and I also know that a lot of people don't like him. However, we can't deny the fact that he's one of the best musical geniuses of our generation and yes, he looks good. Music-wise, he has become my inspiration and the reason why I raised the bar of my standards for guitar playing. Is there anyone here who still loves John Mayer?

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    My brother is kind of obsessed with this music and it rubbed off on me so yes, i do love his songs, his personality though, not so much. And i don't consider him attractive either. I mean he looks good but not so good in my opinion. His songs is a different story. He's really got great music talent and I think everybody can agree to that. I love 'Not Myself' so much. :p

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not that I love him, but I do like his music and some of the earlier songs he composed like Your Body is a Wonderland, Waiting on the World to Change and No Such Thing. I didn't know he was off his rocker until he started famous women and spouted so many nonsense on Twitter. Regardless of his personality, he's still a great musician. His songs have a certain depth and poetic feel to them.

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    When John Mayer first became big I think I was in high school. Then he made a tour when I was in college and someone gave me tickets to see him. I was pretty excited, and at the time, i really liked his music.

That concert ruined me.

He was SO FULL OF HIMSELF, and so annoying. His in-between-songs talk was just so fake and snobby to me, I think I actually left the show early. Ever since that concert I've pretty much been annoyed and always turn his music off when I hear it on the radio. I'm surprised he's still so popular, to be honest.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never been a fan of John Mayer, although I like only 1 song of his, it's the song "Back To You". I've heard that he can be a kiss and tell type of person, but I've never heard yet that he is conceited. And he only looks average to me, nothing special about him.

6. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I can't say that I'm a big fan of his. I really only like "You're body is a Wonderland" and I only hear that song when I'm at convenience stores and places like that. I hear that he is or was quite the womanizer. I also heard that he has quite a cocky attitude. These are qualities that I personally wouldn't like in someone that I knew personally, so I don't think that I would like John Mayer as a person. He is musically gifted though.

7. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find his music boring. I like No Such Thing though. I have it on my phone. I mean I would say he seems talented. It's just not my kind of music I guess.