Where to find better deals on workout shoes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Thejamal • Nov 28, 2014.

1. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    As I've gotten older, I've found it absolutely necessary to have a great pair of running shoes or my recovery the next day for my feet and knees are absolutely trashed. The issue is a lot of quality workout run from $70-$100 and I end up working through a pair of shoes really fast.

Are there any good brands or stores I should be looking at? I'm not opposed to buying online, but I'd much prefer to be able to try the shoe on before buying.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well if you're okay with buying online, I'd have to say that 6pm is definitely the way to go. They have some huge deals, especially when they go on bigger sales or clearance, too. It's worth looking into for sure.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always find places like Marshalls have a good selection or an outlet place if you have one near you. You don't say what brand you are wearing or how often you use them, but most are very durable and people change them only because they look old or smell.

I think you should always try them on, unless you know that brand well or buy an identical pair. Maybe stock up if you find a pair you like and alternate them?

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I find Payless to be the best option for me when it comes to this. I don't like their shoe designs that much so I'm much more open to buying from them when I'm just going to be using the shoes for utility such as exercising where I'm not too concerned with the way I look. For style I shop somewhere else but I think that this is just me since I'm sure many people still like the designs offered there.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I like 6pm, but the problem for you is that you are looking to try on the shoes and unless you know for sure that you have the exact shoe you tried on, you may not like what you end up with. So, the best bet you may have to go with is something like Eastbay as they carry a lot of the variances between different types in a shoe line.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that buying online is much more efficient because once you are online, you would be able to read reviews about the product you are eyeing to buy. Unlike when you are on the actual store itself where there are many factors that might trick you into buying the product that wouldn't really fit your need. First, there are those salesmen who would just do anything to buy you what they're selling. So expect that they will just tell you what you want to hear, despite that they don't really fit with their product.

7. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with this as well. Design or "looking cool" doesn't matter to me at all, but the issue I've found is the cheaper brands at Payless or some outlet store shoes just aren't comfortable or end up ripping after a month of working out with them. That's why I've gravitated towards buying brands like Puma's and Nikes, but I have yet to buy a pair that's less than $70 that I felt comfortable in.

I'll take a look at 6pm and see the kind of deals they have there. I've gone through Eastbay before, but haven't bought shoes from there.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually had very good luck in the past at Ross Dress For Less stores when buying running shoes or any kind of sportswear. They have a good deal on Nike, Reebok and Adidas stuff, always for a very discounted price. I'm not sure if it's any of their stores, or if the one I used to buy at was really good, however I always found good stuff. It's been a while since I don't buy running or workout shoes so I'm not sure how they are right now, but that would be the first place I would look at.

9. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I get a lot of my shoes at DSW. You can find a lot of great brands on the clearance rack. However, a lot of the times they shoes I like aren’t in my size. You just have to really search if you are looking for a good deal. I also often get $10 off coupons in the mail. I know on Black Friday they had a sale going on 30% off when you buy 2 or more shoes. I split it with my sister and we each got a pair of athletic shoes.

10. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I always buy online, because it seems as though you can get better deals from there. But, of course, that means that you need to know which shoes are going to be the best for you, first. Perhaps you could go into a store and try some on first, to see what you like, and then try to get the same type online. That way, you'll know that they're going to be right for you when they arrive, as you'll know what you'll be getting.

11. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of times sports stores such as Sports Authority and Modell’s have weekend deals on shoes. Many times they also let you use a coupon. This is a great way to get name brand athletic shoes for a low price.

12. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Another great place to find deals on work out shoes is Sports Authority. Many times they have a large clearance selection that you can get name brand shoes at very discounted prices. I find they have Asics, Nike and New Balance shoes at low prices. It helps if you aren't specific with the color as well.

13. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Try to look for factory outlets near your place because they tend to offer lower prices on branded shoes. There are Nike, Adidas, and Reebok outlets and you just need to look for them. However if you are looking for workout shoes that are not branded, then Payless is a great store. They sell all kinds of shoes from casual, to sports shoes, even leather shoes. I can't really say much about their quality though because I personally haven't bought anything from them although I see lots of people going in and out of their store.