He said, 'Aw, man.'

Discussion in Misc & Others started by MrsJones • Nov 30, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I do my grocery shopping when the doors open because there are no lines, no one in front of me with two grocery carts to check out and it nice and quite. I did that just this morning and guess what... I was the one with the full grocery cart. This guy was trying to get to checkout before me but didn't make it. He only had one item. I heard him say, 'Aw, man.' I smiled and said, 'Come on you can go ahead of me.' Mind you it was six o'clock a.m. I understood how he felt and I didn't want his day to start out bad, it was too early. He thanked me and squeezed between my cart and the candy stand to the cashier.

What do you dread when you go shopping?

2. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Nothing annoys me more than to go to pick up a few items and there are lengthy lines near each cashier that I have to select to wait in. It makes me wish I never made a stop or had decided to visit the store at a much earlier time for my own convenience. It's not too often that I experience the type of hospitality that you offered that guy, though I try to do the same for others when they have much less items than me to purchase.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I hate it when something goes wrong internally and you need to ask for help from the workers. I have found customer service at grocery stores to generally be pretty bad. I'll give a few examples:
    Something is not shelved but is still in stock so you have to wait for them to go find it.
    An item is expired and you have to wait for them to bring you the item in its freshest state.
    Returning items.
    The coffee machine, soda pop bottle return machine, or like items breakdown and you have to wait for someone to come repair them or to give you your money back.
    The self checkout machine breaks down and you have to wait for an already over worked cashier from a busy aisle to come help you.
    Something spilt and instead of clean it up a worker just puts a 'be careful' pylon near it.
    These are just a few of the things that happen that are out of your control and it really makes the shopping experience annoying.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I dread the long lines like most people, and I also dread when the customer in front of me has trouble with their credit card or the machine is malfunctioning, so it makes me wait longer in the process.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    May seem silly and anti-social. But a lot of the times I just don't want to have to talk to anybody. Seriously, I just want to go about my business in a swift manner. And I don't want to have to talk to anyone, put on a false smile and pretend to laugh at jokes. Might not seem like such a big deal to most people, but to me it is. so I hate getting to the check out and having groceries rung up. Cashiers tend to make small talk. There is nothing that I hate more than small talk to be honest. I'm more someone who has deep conversations. But of course social custom dictates that you cannot have deep conversations with people that you have just met.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The one thing I absolutely can't stand in stores is customers who feel that it's beneath them to queue up, and so they try to jump the queue. Nobody likes to queue up and I just think it's beyond rude to find people in a line and decide that it's ok to skip the line. The other thing that gets my goat is people who don't bother packing their own groceries if there's nobody there to assist. They wait till everything's been rung up, and then only then slowly take their time to pack it all up. Typically, this sort of person will then with great effort, start scrambling around finding their card/money to pay. Their face says they're just not bothered that there're other people waiting to be helped, who may be in a rush to go somewhere....gggrrrr!

7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have practically been run over by people racing to get to the checkout ahead of me when they have a cart load and I only have one or two things. I think it is incredibly rude. I almost always try to let people with few items go ahead of me. Also, if they're standing there holding something heavy like a case of something. Sometimes, you end up letting 2 or 3 people go, but you have to draw the line somewhere. If I'm in a huge hurry, or if someone is in the car waiting while I grab a few things, I might not start letting people jump ahead. If my cart is full or if I'm using coupons, I'll probably let them go.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of the price matching people at Walmart during busy hours. When there is a long line of people, it's brutal when one person price matches every item in their cart with the sales ads, because it can take up to 30 minutes.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's really kind of you to do that. It reminds me of a really heartwarming video played with the song "Give a Little Love." Anyhow, such a situation rarely happens to me when I'm grocery-shopping. I don't know about western grocery stores but the stores in my country do have a separate counter for purchases consisting less than five items.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is that the case over there in the UK, where the cashiers tend to make small talk? Over here, that only happens when the salemsman is trying to get you to buy something. I don't see cashiers making small talk with customers unless they're interested in them.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    MrsJones I love you. I hate going into the grocery store so I also do it very early in the morning. Christmas eve I had to go to the store with my daughter who had to work all day for food for a party she was having that evening and Christmas day. We did get there at 6:y that seeme30am, it does not take me long to get in and out but this day there was this lady seemed to be following us, she kept asking for advice and help which slowed me down. She was even in the same checkout line. I also give people that only have a few items the ability to go in front of me because it comes back to me, people allow me often to go ahead of them.

12. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    The only thing I dread when I go shopping is long lines. I don't care for high prices either, but sometimes you can get around that with sales and coupons. I do find it annoying to spend a bunch of time with sale ads only to get to the store and find the item(s) I wanted out of stock, especially when it's something the store never got in. I wanted some fleece throw blankets recently, and went to two different CVS location, but the associate at the second suggested a rain check. I was able to get the blankets 1 week later.