Do you buy clothing online if it is on clearance?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by primalclaws1974 • Dec 2, 2014.

1. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974Member

Threads:
    I was Christmas shopping last night on Walmart.com, and I saw a link to boys clothes (I was shopping for my nine-year-old son). I went into the clothing department and was amazed at how much of a variety of clearance clothes they had. A lot of it was warmer weather stuff you might see on sale at your local store. I was unaware that the website sold clearance. I figured the store sold it cheap because it was more costly to send it back to a warehouse or manufacturer. I ended up buying a lot of clothes, including sizes he would grow into next summer. Do you shop for clearance clothing online?

2. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do! When I intend to shop online for clothes, I always look at the clearance section first to make sure I'm not missing out on any great steals. A lot of the time, I always find something!

3. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I always hit the clearance stuff first. Kmart and Target are also good for shopping for clearance items online.

#3Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think online clearance is great. I have bought from Amazon, Walmart, Target and REI Outlet. There are other online shopping programs like Sears Points where you can use your membership number when you shop and earn points towards coupons that can be used online or in the store. When you add up how much gas we spend to get to these stores, all the stress of parking, traffic, lines at check-out, etc. it makes online shopping a lot more appealing. And if it is a brand name you know fits you just right - then you can't go wrong. I have made the mistake of purchasing clothing brands I was unfamiliar with and the sizes were a little off. This is the only caution I can think of when buying online.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I buy a fair amount of my clothes online, usually they are on sale or clearance if not used. Pretty much only buy underwear, socks, and things that have a lot of spandex like leggings new, the rest I just get used because I can't afford even clearance prices a lot of the times. If I am going to get something new, it would need to be clearance priced for me to even consider it. I find most brands run fairly similar in sizing, so I have not had issues with things not fitting.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always check the clearance section first and often I will find a bargain. I've found some really cheap t-shirts in winter which I wear all year around as layers for $2 each on Hollister plus I had free shipping and a discount voucher. The thing is to keep things in your basket and checkout as soon as you can as they can go fast. It happened to me once when I was trying to make up an amount to get free shipping and the items sold out! Sometimes it's not meant to be.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like shopping online much better than wandering around in a store looking at clothing. If it is a clearance sale, then the store is usually crowded, and long checkout lines. Online, you just don't have that kind of a problem.
    The only time that it is better to shop in an actual store is when you are shopping for an item that HAS to be tried on to be sure it fits right, things like shoes or a bra are better when you get them in an actual store.
    Makeup is another thing that should be actually looked at. Regardless of how good the pictures are, it is never quite the same as seeing the actual item.
    As far as the actual sales go, I thiink that you can find sales online that are as good, or better than what is in the stores.

8. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    Yes, clearance items are the best. I always find myself shopping in the clearance section before anywhere else. Clearance items at Wal-Mart are always great, they always have a great selection for kids and for prices that everyone can afford. So people think shopping clearance is cheap but it's actually smart, especially when your shopping for kids because they grow out of there clothes so fast.

9. Micheleteresa

MicheleteresaMember

Threads:
    Sometimes but just for things like sweaters , Tee Shirts, hoodies, Jersey tops. not jeans or skirts because they really need to be tried on, for me anyway because they usually end up being to long, I think for kids its probably easier to buy without worry of trying on items especially if you buy a bit bigger since they are still growing!

10. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried and I'm not really interested in doing so. I'm a short guy with really weird body proportions, so sometimes a certain size fits me, and sometimes it doesn't/ Hence, I prefer trying out the clothes in person, especially if it's in clearance as I can't return it.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I shop almost exclusively at clearance sales these days because I don't see much point in buying full priced anymore since the options nowadays are endless. I know I can just mix them up too so I'm not too afraid of buying something from the previous season and the best thing about it is that they are always high quality clothes because they still have that expensive quality but now you're getting it for a bargain price, whereas if I just went for cheap clothes I'd get the cheap quality as well.

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't love to shop for clothing online in general just because it can be hard to gauge proper size and fit and how the material looks/feels in person, but sometimes I will make an exception for clearance deals and exceptional sales because sometimes there are some seriously amazing deals online. If you can score free shipping on top of those great clearance deals, you can really find yourself saving a lot.

13. elenapopa

elenapopaNew Member

Threads:
    I think everyone would do that as long as it's something they like! I would do the same :)

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just love shopping, whether it's online or in an actual high street store. I do both equally and have yet to have any problems with my trusted online stores. I find online shopping can be a bit tricky though, especially where clothes are concerned. Because the sizing differs from country to country (American sizes tend to be more generous), and from brand name to brand name (the more high end the label, the smaller the sizes), the style and cut of the clothes; you need to be sure of your size before you place your order. Luckily, I seem to always get my size spot on. The few times I've got it wrong I've always been able to either swap the items for the right size or request a credit note without any hassle whatsoever. I also like to go to some high street stores and see what they have in stock, then I'll check online for their online outlet stores where you'll almost certainly get the very same items for cheaper! Oh, and I'll always check the clearance section online for out of season clothes as they usually cost way cheaper. I believe every little helps :)

15. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never really buy clothes online, be their on special or not. There are too many discrepancies in size, and also quality, so that I stay away from purchasing clothes over the internet. I like to touch and smell the material of the clothes that I buy, and naturally, I like to try the clothes on, not just to see whether they fit me, but also to ascertain whether they actually suit me. :)

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't usually buy clothes online, and when I do they are 2nd hand clothes. I would rather buy clothes in physical stores, since I prefer to fit the item as much as possible.

17. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is not as if I deliberately go looking for clearance websites for clothes. But if I happen to stumble upon one, then why not buy some of the clothes from there? I don't know why society is so obsessed with highly priced items, when you can get cheaper items that will do the same job. Again, it's all about status I guess. *yawns* LOL. The only thing that I want when I shop - for anything - is quality and a reasonable price. I don't need anything else. Even if I was rich, I really don't think I'd stop buying things at reasonable prices. I'd want to keep hold of my money not waste it. So I agree; I don't see much point in paying full price either.

18. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The only clothes I have ever purchased online were either footwear or t shirts. There are some places that sell underwear on clearance and I am very disgusted at that concept. You don't know if those were clothes that were worn and then taken off! I'd stick to clearance but something that is easy to clean and won't risk my health.

19. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes online whether it is on clearance or not for the reason that I cannot fit it or whether it will look good on me. I also want to feel the material and quality of the cloth. So, before I buy clothes, I need to try it (by fitting it), feel the quality of the cloth and check in the mirror I look good in that clothes. In that way, I will have no regrets in the end.

20. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    shopping online for clothes suits me just fine, simply because a lot of the time I can't be bothered to try clothes on. I mean, I know I should when I go out shopping. It is the best way to figure out if the clothing flatters you or not. But most of the time I'll buy it, and if it doesn't look good then I'll just take it back within the thirty day period that customers have. You are right about the quality though.