Cheapest Travel Sites

Discussion in Travel started by Adeal4u • Jun 6, 2012.

1. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I was thinking about going on a trip for a couple of days, but I don't know what site to use. I don't want to spend too much money on travel arrangements. I have a hotel in mind that I want to use, but I need some help finding a good website. What is the best place to go for cheap airline tickets?

2. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I use cheaptickets.com and expedia.com. I found that cheaptickets.com prices would sometimes be a little higher than if I was booking my flight through the airline website. Expedia.com prices are either the same as the airline website or more cheaper. Also, I recently found out that the further away the airport is from my home address the cheaper the flight ticket. For example, I live in NJ and the closest airport to my address would be Newark Liberty and if I book a flight that leaves from this airport to Orlando, FL it would cost approx. $350, if I were to travel from JFK to Orlando, FL the same flight would cost $240.

3. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    Where do you want to go? I usually use Expedia or something similar but I think Southwest Airlines has those Wanna Get Away deals which aren't bad at all, but they are only for certain destinations.

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I wanted to go to Amsterdam, but all the prices are really high there about $850-$1000. Can anyone find something cheaper I don't travel very often, so I'm not experienced with finding the best deals. I wanted to take a trip there, but after I saw the price was so expensive I decided not to go.

5. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I like hotwire the best. The other sites can get some better deals sometimes, but hotwire has the all-around best rates that I am looking for and now you can pay with PayPal so that is pretty awesome too.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite search engines are Orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia. If I can't find anything on either of those then I head over to Hotwire. The only reason why I go to Hotwire last is because you can't see what airline you are choosing. I am pretty picky now that I am older so I try to use Hotwire only if I am super, super broke.

7. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    I am happy to see the posts of all community members because I am a tourist and recently I came from the nyc niagara tours. I had no any specific website for cheaper booking but now I have a lot. I think Expedia and Hotwire are really very useful. I just check them out after seeing the post of steph84. Now I will use them.