We've all had these days...

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by addicted_buyer • Jun 7, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    ... in which we're either too distracted or feel like the world is against us.

[video=youtube;08ABF5llOEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=08ABF5llOEY[/video]​

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Of coarse we all have experienced a day when we feel like nothings going our way. Mine was just last week when I wake up and found out that I was already late for a meeting. I hurried myself and go to the meeting place to find out that the person I will meet is an hour late than I am. We talked about business and we had nothing to agree so no deal was made. When I came home and watched NBA, Boston Celtics lost in overtime against Miami!

3. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    That happened to me also, but it wasn't a glass door. I was texting while going up an escalator, and I tripped on a step. I fell and I almost broke my phone. When I looked up everyone was staring at me. I felt so embarrassed, I tried to pretend it didn't happen. There are so many distractions in this world, and we often forget there is a world around us.

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Hey, put your phones down and pay attention before you lose your life. Nothing in this world can't wait until later. You may just fall in a sink hole like the young lady that we saw texting and if no one sees you then you could be there for days or until you die in the hole and start to stink before anyone noticed you there. Is it that important what you have to say to anyone else that it just can't wait for you to be in a safe place? You could get hit by some bus, car, train or any object if you are not looking. Pay attention people it could save your life.

5. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    Oh that's too funny. I've never smashed into a door but I always do the thing where I'm trying to pull/push the door and it's other way. The worst part is there's like a sign right there in front of me stating which way lol. To many things going on in my head I guess. It seems like the more I try to clear my head, the more I think and stress out.

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Yes, I have had days like that! I have seen many people walk into glass doors before. I remember once at uni, while waiting for a class...a guy ran past us at super-speed, clearly late for his class....only to run slam bam...into the glass doors. But because he was running, he literally bounced off it. I was really worried he had killed himself. But wow, what an experience.

7. Beetler76

Beetler76Member

Threads:
    hahaha. that's a great video. I find it odd that people can post security footage like that... but thanks for sharing.

8. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever walked into a screen door at night like going from inside to a patio? I have done it a few times but alcohol was involved. I have seen it happen more than a few times as well. Pretty funny.

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I haven't walked into a door yet but I suppose when I was younger I should have because I did drink a lot of alcohol and I guess I must have been one of the lucky ones. I seemed to have walked straighter then than I do now. Now is when I have to watch out for stuff and say look old lady look where you going or you may just fall or run into something or someone. But those were the good old days and I was happy doing it.

10. mimi8zm

mimi8zmMember

Threads:
    Sadly, I have. I was visiting a couple and they brought me to their cabin in the mountains. I was so engrossed with the conversation with one of their guests that I walked right into the screen door and it toppled over. I felt so embarrassed. This, after I broke the soap dish in their shower!!! I assured them I wasn't out to destroy their home!

11. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    It always pay to look before you leap so to speak. I try to watch out for everything these days while other people are on there cells and driving and not paying attention. It's a real dangerous world out here now a day and you have to watch out for your own life if you want to be around longer. People are so busy texting until they don't even speak any more, language that is. Everybody's head is hug down and texting and we don't even know if they know a language or can speak a language. Maybe they do sign language, I guess we all better learn sign language.

12. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    Funny I should see this right now. Today was NOT my day. It felt like anything that wouldn't have gone right, didn't. It was very frustrating.

13. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    Couldn't agree more just the other day I was at the doctors and my mind was all over the place I went to go to the bathroom and it clearly says pull to open it not paying attention I kept on pushing probably for a good minute until I realized what I was doing. Thinking about it now its funny but not at the time when all those people were starring at me.

14. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I do know what you mean, because I was at the hospital one day and went to use the bathroom and was pulling instead of pushing and the waiting room was so full of people. And it seems as though every eye was on me. When it dormed on me that I must be doing it wrong, I was so ashame that I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

15. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely feel better today, but I just had to look at this again, to remind myself that not every day is as bad as it could be, lol. Today has been a fantastically marvelous amazing day.

16. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    Ouch! I had a day like that when I was younger. I was walking with my parents and they were talking about something. I remember walking with my eyes on the floor and didn't see that I was heading straight to a light post! And the next thing I knew, Bam!

When I opened my eyes, we were already at our house and I was laid out flat on my bed. My parents were so worried. Because when I walked straight to that light post, I hit my forehead so hard, enough for me to lose consciousness.

17. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah. Those days are often now.

18. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I go through this all the time, I sometimes feel like I am the only one. It's good too know others go through the exact same thing.

19. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I have experienced huge chunks of time where it feels like nothing goes right or that something is happening one after the other. I have just had a week of bad luck, which, among other things, saw my PC die on me and leave me unable to meet important deadlines for work, my cash card was snatched by a rogue ATM and I have had to wait ages for a new one, my kids were all unwell together, meaning I was running around like an idiot trying to look after them while still doing my usual chores/work......my dryer door fell off.....I will stop now, I am depressing myself!! lol Hopefully, I have better luck ahead. :)

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have those kind of moments. I tripped on our backyard while I was texting. Good thing that that blunder occurred in our own backyard. It would have been embarrassing if other people saw it. So the moral of the lesson would be to always pay attention to where you are going.