Do you still visit McDonald's?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Allison2021 • Dec 12, 2014.

1. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Do you still visit McDonald's?
    I just realized that I rarely visit McDonald's. I do not truly enjoy the food anymore. I would rather visit Taco Bell. I know from experience that the service at Taco Bell will be slower; therefore, it will take more time to get a meal compared to McDonald's. However, Taco Bell's food is easier to digest. Taco Bell's food is more delicious, and nutritious. :confused:

2. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The last time I went to Mcdonalds was about two months ago when I bought a big breakfast platter. Still kinda taste the same and as usually my wallet feels significantly lighter. Though, my belly seems to still hunger for more food and makes me question why I even considered McDonalds. If I ever go back to McDonalds then I will get a McGriddle instead.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I still visit fast food restaurants including McDonalds from time to time when I don't have time to cook and need a quick meal. I try my best not to do so though, since it's unhealthy and you could probably make your own meals for cheaper.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't anymore but it's mostly because they are getting very expensive nowadays that I'd much rather spend that amount of money with restaurants that offer bigger and heartier meals for the same price. Back then McDonald's was relatively cheaper than most other proper restaurants but now in some cases they are even more expensive so unless I'm craving for something specific in their menu I just choose to spend it elsewhere that might prove to be healthier or more practical.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know MacDonald's is unhealthy, but I confess; I actually enjoy a quarter pounder with cheese meal every so often. If I'm walking past one, the smell just calls out to me LOL At one point my love of it was at risk of getting out of control as I'd have it at least once a week! I'm lucky that I now live in a country where we don't have a MacDonald's. If I want one, I'd have to go on a four-six hour journey into neighbouring South Africa. Not that I'd go there for the sole purpose of having some MacDonald's! Thank God it's not that bad.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh my goodness.. that's the first time I've seen Taco Bell and "nutritious" in the same sentence. That's absolutely false lol. Neither are nutritious, but both are convenient, so I get the big deal.

I haven't eaten at Macdonalds in so many years. The last time I was there, I found a spider baked into the bun I had just taken a bite out of lol. Never went back. Then I realized what's in fast food and processed foods in general and I stopped going to the rest of them. Not nutritious! lol.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I visit McDonald's from time to time, just not on an everyday or weekly basis. Depending on my mood, I go for a cheeseburger, a sundae or large fries. I'm not doing away with McDonald's as I tend to crave it spontaneously whenever nostalgia strikes. Food prices are relatively cheaper compared to other fast foods and they serve fast too.

8. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    McDonalds or is it McNasties?! No I don't go to McDonalds anymore because I get sick after eating their food, such as headaches, upset stomach, and dizziness. I try to avoid as many fast-foods nowadays because I've realized such foods only fill me up but never provide me with any healthy benefits in the long run. I simply cook my own burgers now at home and they taste ten times better!

9. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I use to go to McDonald's all the time and get a McChicken and some fries. Every time I was done eating my face would feel EXTREMELY greasy. I felt as though I was sweating grease! When I would eat a McDouble I would want to throw up after. This led me to giving up McDonald's completely. A couple of months after I gave McDonald's up I saw a video that went viral about a cheeseburger being placed in a solution that was suppose to emulate the acids in our body. THE BURGER LOOKED BARELY DISGUSTED!! It was a pretty crazy thing to see. Another was a year timelapse of a McDonald's cheeseburger which showed that it didn't decompose one bit. That was the last straw and I was pretty done with McDonald's

10. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't eat fast foods, so I don't go to McDonald's or anything else like it. Although, I must admit that the foods that McDonald's sell are really delicious especially their French fries, but I'd rather not give in to that pleasure than I would be unhealthy. Some say that occasional consumption wouldn't hurt. Yes, but the problem for me is that I can more withstand not eating than cut the pleasure once it's there.

11. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    Rarely. I'm only tempted to go when they're doing the Monopoly game. I love their french fries but not enough to justify going often.

12. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I don't go to McDonalds at all anymore. I've heard so many negative things about McDonalds I would never step foot in there again. I'm surprised after all the rumors, they haven't shut them down yet, but I guess it may not be all McDonalds just some of the locations. There food is very unhealthy and it's still a mystery what exactly is in there so called meat.

13. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Oh gosh. The last time I was in McDonald's was eight years ago. I know because a member of my family was in the hospital at the time, I was starving and the McDonald's was the quickest thing to do right then. My husband and I rarely ever eat fast food, and if we do it's at Burger King. We have a thing for the occasional Whopper.
    I'll tell you something a nurse friend told me once, though. Actually more than once. She said that a dry McDonald's cheeseburger--no ketchup, mustard or pickles--will settle an upset stomach every time.

14. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I was reading recently that McDonalds has been testing out a more stripped down menu - trying to focus on the basics and weed out a lot of the new products they introduced in recent years. One of their big problems is that their average order times have gone up, especially with items like their buffalo wings they tested out last year, and consequently they have been losing their share of the market. In addition, competitors like Chipotle have been really putting the squeeze on them lately.

Although I grew up eating a lot of home cooked meals (my parents and my grandparents even gardened and canned their own vegetables too), my folks were also mall rats and would often take us all shopping throughout the week, so we would still hit up fast food joints fairly regularly too. McDonalds still has an emotional/nostalgic connection for those of us in our late 30's, 40's and so forth. I know places like McDonalds have come under fire pretty heavily in the last 10 years alone for the quality of their food - but I still enjoy a combo meal from them time to time. Especially when I am travelling and I want something fast, and don't feel like spending time and extra money at a sit down restaurant with servers. It's something familiar, kind of reminds me of my childhood, subconsciously comforting when I'm stressed out.

I wonder if there will be that same connection for younger kids these days as they become adults themselves, or are there enough parents refraining from going to places like McDonalds.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I still go to Mcdonalds, but not that often, since I also eat in other fast food chains. The food still tastes good, but as time goes by, their burger has been getting smaller and smaller.

16. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    I have not been to McDonalds or any other fast food joint in a couple months. While McDonalds is convenient, it is relatively expensive compared to other fast food stores. In terms of flavor, I don't imagine eating it everyday will be still delicious. Also, it does feel quite greasy, especially the fries. McDonalds still has its place though. I would say I am more likely to eat there if I am in a new city or country and that is the one of the food shops I see. This is because there's some sort of trust that the food will be edible and up to a certain standard. Fast food in general is purely for convenience in my opinion, and is not healthy to be eating excessive amounts of.

17. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I also rarely visit McDonald's but I never had experienced to visit the Taco Bell and have no idea about it. I often prefer to dine at home and during travels I stayed in a hotel and use its services rather than another.
    Allison2021 ! Can you tell me which kind of food can we enjoy in Taco Bell just fast food or traditional too?

18. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I still go to McDonald's once in a while for a sandwich but not all the time. A while ago I did get a McRib sandwich and it's been a long time since since I had one so I was happy to eat one again.

19. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    It's been about a couple months since I've been to McDonalds's. I definitely don't go as often as I used to. Their food tends to make my stomach hurt and I just end up feeling sick but from time to time I have a craving for it. Every now and again I have to go and get their amazing chocolate milkshakes.