Exotic Deserts?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by TheViper • Dec 16, 2014.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I like to browse the internet throughout the day. There are those times where you reach parts of the internet that you didn't know existed and wish you didn't. There was one time where I found site selling deserts that were made with insects as one of the main ingredients. Have you guys ever run into any "exotic" sites that sold strange deserts.

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if it counts as very exotic but I've tried several desserts made with marrow. It has a consistency similar to cream or butter, but with a richer taste. I was quite surprised to see it incorporated into desserts at first!

3. primaLucid

primaLucidNew Member

Threads:
    An exotic dessert I have tried is durian pudding. Durian is infamous for its horrid smell and large spikes. Foreigners say it smells like corpses, and when Mother Nature presents a large, spiky fruit with a terrible smell, it’s almost as if it’s screaming “Don’t eat me!” But of course, in some parts of the world, people eat absolutely anything, and durian is no exception. The durian pudding was actually surprisingly good, it was mad with shaved ice and it was rather refreshing! I don’t think durian smells as bad as some people make it, but I guess I am one of the few people that can actually tolerate the fruit.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree. I got to smell and taste durian when we were given one, and the smell wasn't that bad at all. It's very tolerable in my opinion. For me, it smelled chemical-like. But the taste was very good!