15-inch Chromebook Slated for 2015

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • Dec 16, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    According to rumors, 2015 will be the year when mid-range Chromebooks start to come out. There have been Core i3 Chromebooks before, but we're about to see some 15-inch Chromebooks running Core i3 processors. Chromebooks should see a big boost during the new year as they start to come with more and more features. Adobe recently released a version of Photoshop that runs on Chromebooks, and such partnerships are only going to increase. By releasing more mid-range, larger Chromebooks, Google could see its sales numbers rise even higher.

2. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I hate the Chrome OS and I won't even consider purchasing it. I think most will because of the name and because "omg it is now 15 inches!!!". You'd be surprised at how simple people will be sold things when it still under performs.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm assuming that you've never used Chrome OS, and even more sure that you wouldn't even consider giving it a chance once more features have been implemented. A 4GB Chromebook running an Intel Celeron is far more capable than a comparable PC running Windows 7/8 as far as stability is concerned. Chromebooks are only meant to compete with budget Windows PCs, and they far outperform those. A budget Windows PC doesn't have enough processor power to effectively take care of even the least intensive tasks when coupled with more than a handful of processes.

The fact that Windows is trying to copy Chromebooks with the HP Stream and other underpowered upcoming cloud PCs shows that millions of consumers don't share your view on them.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really see the appeal of larger screen sizes, 15 inches is pretty huge and would probably drain battery much faster. Still if it comes with better performance at an affordable price I think that the new chromebook would sell very well.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Chromebook and I love it. A 15 inch screen does sound appealing. I might consider upgrading. I would give my Chromebook to my niece. She is always begging me to use it.

I have seen the advertisements for the HP Stream. I have been thinking about going to Best Buy to give it a test try. I'm not really interested in buying one. I just want to compare it to my Chromebook.