Cooking Gas?

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by ExpertAdvice • Dec 16, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Where I live, we use cooking gas to prepare food, but, in travelling to other places of the world, like America, I haven't seen where people have gas cylinders at their homes, so, this has left me to wonder what other means to people use to provide "fire" to their stoves, do you buy cooking gas or do you use another form of way to prepare your food?

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    In the U.S. there are different sources to prepare food. The most common are gas and electric then there is the wood burning stoves or for outside cooking there are charcoal and propane grills.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Generally speaking people use gas, electricity or to a much lesser extent wood burning stoves. I personally prefer electricity as it's "less messy", a bit more straight forward. I've always been very wary of gas cylinders, due to nasty explosions where houses are demolished and people killed or badly injured. But I find myself considering getting a small gas stove as we get load shedding from time to time where I live; which just means electricity rationing as we're short of it :(

4. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    @Mrs Jones, okay! Thank you.
    @Lushlala, I can see that you live in Botswana :) I've never been to Botswana and I find it very interesting to have finally met someone that lives there, what's it like there? :) and when you say "load shedding" what exactly do you mean by that? I just read that Botswana is diamond rich and I think that is very very intriguing! ah! the amazing things of this world! it's really fun to see and learn something new every day.