Have you finished your Christmas Shopping?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Zyni • Dec 17, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I'm just about there. I will probably pick up one or two little things, but other than that, I think I'm good. I haven't started wrapping anything yet, but I plan to lay everything out today and do a double-check (so I can decided what if anything else I need). I will start wrapping in a couple days. Where are you on your holiday shopping? Have you finished (or even started) on your list? Have you started wrapping anything yet?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, well done :) You're very well organised! Sadly, this year Christmas has been cancelled for me, a very subdued affair as we're very broke. Luckily or not depending on how you look at it, it'll also be the first time it'll be just me and my husband. So we won't have to worry about receiving presents and not being able to reciprocate!

3. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    No, I have not. I'm really disappointed with myself because usually I start Christmas shopping as early as August but this year I put it off and now I barely have any of it done. I have bought a few things already but still have about 70% of it left. I have a general idea of what I'm getting everyone so that helps, but I have to actually do it and then wrap it!

4. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    With the exception of one or two small things that I couldnt buy online because they were so random, I have finished my holiday shopping. Unfortunately, I am still waiting on a few packages to come in so I can wrap all of them.

5. sandhya

sandhyaNew Member

Threads:
    Me, not yet started.. still looking around..

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. You seem to be in good spirits though. I hope it will be nice to have a quiet holiday for just the two of you.

I've been there (broke) more than I like to remember. I made out this year with some very good deals, or else there wouldn't have been as many presents. I also made some of the gifts.

7. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    It is almost Christmas, and I still have not finished shopping yet. It is because I am waiting for my next pay day, which should be Tuesday. I didn't have a chance to shop early due to other obligations, and the fact that I need better employment.

8. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I can't say the idea of Santa really confused me- I just wasn't much of a believer. I was a very logical kid and the idea of a jolly fat man flying a sled drawn by magic reindeer just didn't resound with me -- I pretended to believe for many years mostly for my parents, and because in my family you got more gifts if you believed.

9. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I did end up having to run out and get a few more things. Every time I think I'm done, I think of something else. When I got it all laid out, I kind of took inventory, and then I made a new list. Now I am officially done. I have most of it wrapped. Even if I think of something else now, I'll just have to do without. Time to finish wrapping and cleaning up so I can start cooking. Dinner is on Christmas Eve at my house this year, so I have one less day than usual, and I'm running out of time.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, however you celebrate it.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have finished my Christmas shopping and although it was a little bit more stressful than last year I at least have finished it way earlier and have become a bit more organized. I did most of my shopping through online sites and it was a bit difficult and stressful playing catch for when the packages arrive but ultimately I think it's a lot less effort than going to the mall amongst the crowd.