Rebates When Paying Bills Online

Discussion in Misc & Others started by lemony • Dec 17, 2014.

1. lemony

lemonyMember

Threads:
    I always pay my bills online and sometimes I get rebates and gift checks in exchange for using these services.

I think one of the best ones I've received is a free bucket of chicken to share with the family for an entire weekend.

Of course, the often I use this service, the more gift checks I receive for other items such as 10-15% discount on groceries I would like to purchase from a specific store on certain dates. Those are pretty much useful to have in the household.

What kind of rebates do you enjoy receiving from online services you use to pay the bills?

2. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of a service that gives rebates for paying bills online. Can you share the name of the service?

3. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I pay my smartphone bill online/offline and every month I'm able to get up to a $5 rebate on the bill which is nice to have. I also get points that I can use towards gift cards and travel packages. It's always nice to get rebates from services that you show loyalty and dedication to by sticking with them with all their pros and cons.

4. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    Really? I pay almost all my bills online and I never have received a rebate or any other type of incentive for bill paying. I have receive email discounts when I have spent a certain amount with stores. Bon Ton is good for that as is Bath and Body. In fact they tend to coupon bomb your mail. I like getting coupon deals and was glad this weekend I had them, I saved 25% at Bath and body on top of there buy two get one free deal, and at Bon Ton I got $50 off of $100 purchase. That was huge! About the only other place I consistently save at is Office Depot.

5. PennySafe

PennySafeNew Member

Threads:
    I have never received a rebate (that I know of) but it would be nice. The closest Ive come to a rebate is a $5 credit on my water bill, but I don't pay that online, though. I think that most stores know that people won't go through the hassle of taking advantage of a rebate--especially a mail-in one.