What are your best 2014 comedy movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by valiantx • Dec 18, 2014.

1. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I have only two comedy movies I had enjoyed watching this year, and they were: Dumb and Dumber Too and Horrible Bosses 2.

Dumb and Dumber Too was almost as funny as the original, and both Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey were able to pull off their characters as if they never stopped acting as Harry and Lloyd even after 20 years! The characters were made even more dumber in this movie, but they were less selfish and rude this time, but they were still written to be class A idiots. I hope Carrey and Daniels do make a third installment of this movie franchise, because the sequel did not disappoint me.

Horrible Bosses 2 was even funnier than the first movie in my opinion - with most of the cast returning in the sequel. I liked the movie plot, because it gives a general idea of how they dreamed of an idea to be their own bosses, create a product, market and promote it, find potential investors, and actually start their company; this was my favorite aspect of the movie, because I intend to start my own business too. Kevin Spacey's character is a insane prick more than ever, while Jennifer Aniston character is still a hot sexual addict! Jamie Foxes character is shady as ever too, but still elusive when things hit the fan. It was great seeing the trio of Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, and Jason Sudeikis back together in a movie, especially the ridiculous ransom call scenes.

#1Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't watch Dumb and Dumber Too, but I really enjoyed Horrible Bosses 2. I love many movies that star Jennifer Aniston, I feel that she's really suited to the romantic comedy role.

The year's not over yet though, personally I'm still hyped for The Interview. I know that there's many problems and criticisms with satiring North Korea, but I have a feeling that it will be a good watch.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me the best comedy I watched this year is A Million Ways To Die in the West. Originally I had no intention of watching it but when I read reviews advising audiences not to waste their money I just had to find out how bad the movie was that critics would write such negative reviews. I was pleasantly surprised though. The movie was much better than many comedy movies I've watched in the past.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I thought A Million Ways to Die in The West was funny, but it's a comedy that I would only watch once and then never think about it again. The only thing that really makes me recommend that movie is the cameo at the very end, which was far better than the Doc Brown cameo. So watch it once, and you'll either hate it or like it, but I doubt most people will absolutely love it and watch it more than once or twice.

5. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    I have not seen Dumb and Dumber yet, but I can comment on Horrible Bosses 2. In my opinion, it was a hilarious movie with many memorable scenes that had me laughing hard. I loved the interactions between the characters and the plot was also good, being not too predictable. The returning characters all had their moments and brought their familiarity from the first movie which was well received by the audience.
    I think two other comedy movies that were really good this year include 22 Jump Street and Bad Neighbors.
    21 Jump Street was a hilarious movie with so many quotable scenes and great moments. I thought 22 Jump Street was just as good, although it seemed like the humor was a little different compared to the first movie. It felt like a much larger scale project, with the new office and the beach scene during Spring Break.
    Bad Neighbors was also quite funny, and could be related to - some of us have not had great experiences with our neighbors. This was on an exaggerated scale though, which added to the comedic value. All the cast were great in their roles, and the story was quite familiar.