Did You Really Buy Those Yoga Pants To Wear Doing Yoga?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by hayrake • Dec 18, 2014.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    There are some borrowed yoga moves in my morning wake-up exercise routine, but I'm not really into just yoga. My yoga pants I'm really into, however, as they are what I choose to wear often and for so many things. I jog in them. I work in The House, the yard and the barn in them. I cook in them. Play in them. Sleep in them. And therein lies the problem. If I didn't change my shirt and put a bra on I'd think I stayed in my pajamas.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a whole host of clothes that are designed for certain activities - usually sports activities - that I do not wear specifically for those sporting activities. As well as yoga pants, which I do not actually wear to participate in any Yoga, I also wear joggers all the time, and no jogging actually takes place. Other forms of exercise may take place whilst I am in these pants, because they are very very comfortable. But most often, I just do casual things in these pants lol. I have never done Yoga in my, life and I'm not planning on starting any time soon.

3. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    There are really a select few women who buy yoga pants to do yoga. I would imagine the comfort factor and how it shapes the backside are some of the main reasons. I think it's mostly the same case when it comes to sweatpants as well. As a guy, you won't hear me complain about either. As much as I'm all for suffering for the sake of a good outfit, sometimes you just have to be comfortable as you go about your day.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear yoga pants all the time and I don't do yoga! To me they are like leggings that aren't too tight so are comfortable and easy to wash. All mine are in black so they go with all my clothes and I can dress them up or down. Also they are good for traveling and dry very quickly.

They are versatile as I can wear them nearly anywhere and with flats or heels. I'm always on the look out for good quality ones and have a good wardrobe full of them.

5. blasianchick

blasianchickNew Member

Threads:
    This post title made me laugh.
    Uh... are leggings the same as Yoga pants? I don't really see much difference except maybe the way the bottoms are shaped?
    Whatever the case, I am a huge fan of leggings. I entirely stopped wearing jeans altogether.
    They are soft, stretchy and fit just right. They come in any colors, styles, prints and materials.
    They are easy to match and work into any kind of wardrobe. So for me... someone who NEVER does yoga, it's not about the purpose of the pants but what I get out of them.
    They are super functional, versatile and comfy. What more does a girl need?
    Yoga pants/leggings all the way, every day. I don't think people really care if we wear them all the time. As long as we don't leave the house looking sloppy and stained. HAHA.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hehe I thought I was the only one! I also don't do Yoga, never have done and have zero interest in it; yet I have a couple of prized yoga pants in my wardrobe LOL Like blasianchick stated, there's really not much difference in the way leggings and Yoga pants look. Plus for me, Yoga pants are more durable, ok more expensive but definitely more durable. I've lost count of how many different type brands of leggings (both low and very good quality, at varying degrees of pricey-ness) I've bought over the years, yet I can't vouch for their durability. Any of them :(They all go the same way; before very long, holes where your legs rub!

7. PennySafe

PennySafeNew Member

Threads:
    From what I've heard from guys, yoga pants make the lower half of the body look quite good and I need all the help I can get down below. I have seen some cute pairs and they seem so comfortable. I don't like yoga, but I most definitely would buy some yoga pants to wear in the same way that I might wear sweat pants.