And so The Interview has been postponed

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Dec 18, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We all know about the hack that crippled Sony Pictures this month. The hackers have indicated that bad things will happen if The Interview (a comedy about North Korea) was released by Sony. The Interview was initially set for a December 25 debut. However, Sony has canceled the premiere showing of the movie and has not shown any desire to reschedule. Does this make you want to watch the movie?

#1Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  2. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    Postponed? I heard it was straight up cancelled. It's a shame because I think the movie looked hilarious. I'm actually hoping that I'm wrong and you're right on this one. Not a lot of movies are worth seeing these days.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it does make me want to see the movie because I hate being censored and I don't want terrorists to decide which movies I'm permitted to watch. The fact that people are trying to block this movie makes me want to see it more.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wasn't interested before and not now! Does it matter? The film may have been a flop anyhow as there are so many films out that are pretty low down on the quality scale and humor.
    I think it was too much of a risk to release it, but they could make a fortune on DVD I guess. Sony could have lost more with whatever the hackers had up their sleeves and it's one film versus a company with thousand of employees and projects.

5. lindbergh

Threads:
    I don't think that they will cancel the movie completely given the cost that the company has incurred in making the movie. IMO, they're gonna wait until things settle down and the US government determines who's behind the threats. If they have determined that, I think they'll release the movie eventually.

6. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm frankly disappointed, it was probably one of the comedy titles which I was most looking forward to this year. Even the actors involved have criticised Sony's decision to pull the plug, honestly I feel it's a real shame. Hopefully Seth Rogen and the rest of the cast and crew get sufficient compensation if the movie is never shown.

7. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Seriously, people actually buy into these stories?! C'mon, it's a ruse to catch people's attentions to create more promo hype for the movie, which if more people are willing to see the movie, this effect then creates less concerns about morality and ethics about the movie. If Sony was even remotely hacked, it was from a inside person. I'll watch this movie when it's out for download, because it's not all that great.

8. lindbergh

Threads:
    See? I told you they didn't really cancel the film. Anyways, I'm dying to get to see the movie. Some people have said that it's quite good. However, I wonder if it truly was North Korea behind the attack. They have already denied it. Anonymous even stated that it's not North Korea. Obama however, is quite convinced that it's NK. What do you think?

9. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    The movie was not postponed, it was cancelled. However, the movie was leaked and i have a friend who downloaded the movie and watched it. He said it was a decent movie. If the hackers didn't make a big deal out of it, the movie probably wouldn't get so much buzz.