Nail Fungus

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DianeC • Dec 18, 2014.

1. DianeC

DianeCNew Member

Threads:
    I'm wondering if anyone has had to deal with or knows of anyone that has had nail fungus of any kind? I knew a person many years ago that had finger nail fungus and had a liquid prescription to put on them but said it really didn't help. They had no idea how this came about even after going to a doctor. I wound up with this on one foot under my toenails of course and am treating with baking soda soaks and coconut oil. It is working! Slowly!

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tea tree oil works wonders. There are many good herbal preparations that will help to permanently get rid of nail fungus. If the fungus is persistent, there can be underlying conditions such as Candida albicans. Another good idea to prevent nail fungus is to be very careful when choosing a pedicure or manicure salon, as in many such places the tools used are not disinfected properly after every client.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    The fungus thrives under moist conditions, the biggest factor is personal hygeine. Make sure that you thoroughly dry your fingers and toes after a shower, and clean the underside of your nails often. It helps if you keep your nails short of course. Using tree oils helps to maintain a low moisture environment around your nails so that the fungus is unable to grow.

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I think several people who have spent lots of time hiking in wet boots end up with toenail fungus, and it can get bad enough that OTC treatments don't work at all.

There are about a million home remedies for toenail and fingernail fungus, but at the end of the day, if nothing works, the best next step is to see a podiatrist.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    My cousin had it and I second tea tree oil! Just put some drops right on the toe nail and it will clear it right up. Put it on after the shower and before bed. The antifungal properties will work wonders on your toes. I use it on my face too!