How do you break down your travel budget?

Discussion in Travel started by Webene • Dec 19, 2014.

1. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    All of us have a different way to spend money while travelling. Some would rather see as much as they can and spend less on their accommodation, while others stay in luxurious hotels and live a relaxed life. Personally, I prefer seeing the hotel as just a place to sleep because I tend to wake up early and explore then come back late. While exploring I would be able to spend more on tasting new dishes and food unique to the country, and also observing the sights. The relaxed and luxurious hotel approach can be a great way to wind down and forget about the stress of work for a while. What type of traveler are you in terms of budget?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really set a budget for traveling. I just try to avoid spending too much on any given thing, such as travel accommodations or a hotel. I'm fine spending a little extra money to enjoy myself, but I don't track everything like a budget while on vacation. I'm there to relax, although it's easy enough to see why people try to limit and control their expenses while traveling. If you can't spend a lot of money, then you've got to make every dollar count.

3. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    That sounds like a great and relaxed approach to travelling. Would you say that you tend to sway towards higher end or moderate class hotels? Travelling can be very expensive when you take into account the flights, accommodation and spending money. However, there are many ways to reduce cost such as travelling with a budget airlines to save money on flights. In addition, like I mentioned before, low end accommodation that isn't particularly uncomfortable can also save you a lot of money. This money can be budgeted towards visiting more places during your travels, or trying many more dishes unique to the country's cuisine.

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Planning your trip ahead of time is one way of reducing the cost of travelling. For me, I booked my flights and hotel accommodations early. I also do some research on the place I want to visit like the famous landmarks, historical sites and tourist spots. I try to spend more on tasting their dishes and buying souvenirs to add to my collection.

5. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I make a proper plan before going to anywhere and think about it how I can save money and what should I take from home like some essential things like last time when I went to Banff to enjoy the skiing then I take my own skiing equipment and not to take on rent. Sometimes I prefer to take a tour with backpacking in this way I save money and enjoy the adventure of camping in different areas especially on hill stations. In this way I often reduce my travel expenses.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I divide my budget into the following categories: round trip airfare, lodging (rate per day multiplied by my length of stay), food expenses (usually just for lunch, dinner and random street foods in the event breakfast is already taken care of by the hostel or hotel I'm staying at), excursion budget and souvenirs. I usually end up paying more for the souvenirs.

7. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Yap! I also make a budget of my expenses and then start my plannings for my trip. I do prefer not to disturb my budget at all. If my budget would be disturb then i could face many problems relates to my financial life. For these all purposes i do prefer to hire an reasonable travel agency and booked an affordable travel package for my vocational tour. Because i do travel for being fresh and reduce my stress of my busy life's schedule not for increasing that:)NOT AT ALL

8. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    For business travels, here is how I should be planning my trip. Divide the budget for the entire travel, starting from the day I leave for the destination. The categories that I should be using are airfare, lodging, transportation, meals & tips, conference & seminars. A special section for delays and any expense that are the direct result of the delays.

9. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Yap! This is what we should do. Not only for our business tours but also for family or casual ones too....

10. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Aside from what has already been stated I think that it's important to invest in some travel insurance, in case of any mishaps.

Other than that, booking transportation and lodging early, and during off-peak travel seasons is bound to net you some fine savings, so you can splurge more on entertainment and food.