Favorite movie of 2014 and which movie are you most looking forward to in 2015?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Webene • Dec 20, 2014.

1. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    There were a great variety of releases this year across many genres. Some of my highlights include Captain America: The Winter Soldier (big Marvel fan here), Guardians of the Galaxy, X-men: Days of Future Past, Interstellar and 22 Jump Street. I am definitely forgetting some, it has been that good of a year for film! Before the end of the year, I am looking forward to watching the final Hobbit movie. For 2015, there are some big movies planned such as Avengers: Age of Ultron, the final movie in the Hunger Games and Star Wars VII.
    So what has been you favorite movie of 2014?
    Also, what movie are you looking forward to most next year?

2. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say that I have three movies that tied for my favorite movie of the year and they include The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and The Maze Runner. All three did strongly in the box office and were tremendous enjoyment in terms of entertaining me and being effective cinema overall. Next year, I look forward to seeing Insidious Chapter 3, Jurassic World, The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2.

3. maxim66

maxim66New Member

Threads:
    I haven't watched TOO MANY new movies this year, but I enjoyed every single one that I did watch. I think I enjoyed 22 Jump Street the most out of all of them. It was just the funniest movie I watched this year, no doubt. It's pretty popular too, I think. Lots of great scenes in the movies as well.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Maze Runner was my favorite movie this year, I feel it has a lot of potential to become a successful franchise like The Hunger Games. The movie I'm most looking forward to in 2015 is tough! Avengers 2, Star Wars 7 and Jurassic World are all really strong contenders in my opinion, extremely popular franchises and really nice trailers so far.

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    My list of good movies I "did saw" this year for 2014 are: Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, John Wick, Predestination, The Equalizer, Interstellar, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nightcrawler, Horrible Bosses 2, Dumb and Dumber To, Fury, What We Do in the Shadows, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Maleficent, Hercules, Lets be Cops, 22 Jump Street, Dracula Untold, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Sin City: A Dame To Kill For, 300: Rise of an Empire, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, A Million Ways to Die in the West, The Salvation, Godzilla, Winter's Tale, The Drop, Robocop, The Signal, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, The Rover, 3 Days to Kill, and a whole lot more!

The movies I anticipate to watch next year for 2015 are: Terminator Genisys, Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens, Mad Max: Fury Road, Spectre, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Jurassic World, San Andreas, Pan, Furious 7, Ant-Man, Vice, In the Heart of the Sea, The Jungle Book, Mission: Impossible 5, The Revenant, Straight Outta Compton, Legend, Absolutely Anything, and Macbeth.

So many movies, not enough time to watch them all!

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I pick Dawn of the Planet of the Apes as my favorite movie this year. The story might not have been too original but it was executed well enough for me to not even notice while watching. I felt for all the characters and I was at the edge of my seat the whole time anticipating what would happen next. I'll definitely be watching it many more times in the future.

7. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoyed every movie I saw this summer. I saw all the comic book based movies and I also saw 22 Jump Street. For the most part, 2014 was a really good year for movies. I'm really looking forward to Avengers: Age of Ultron as well as the next Star Wars movie (I think that comes out next year). I think for the most part, I'll just go with the flow next year and see what's good in the movie theaters.

8. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not watched very many movies this past year at all. I njoy movies, but there is always so much that needs to be done, and then there are the things that I want to read about and learn things; I guess that actually just watching a movie for nothing but entertainment is pretty low on my list both for this year and fornext year.
    One movie that i did watch, and totally enjoyed , was Life of Pi.The movie was great just in itself, but the visuals and computer graphics were incredible ! Some of the time , real animals were used, and some of the time , it was a CGi, and it was really hard to tell whichone you were looking at.
    The scenery was fabulous as well. All in all, it was just a great movie, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has not already seen this movie.

9. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm looking forward to the next James Bond movie and, of course, Star Wars. Too huge franchises that are definite viewings for me. On top of that, the next Avengers movie is on the list.

10. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I have lots of favorite movies in 2014.

1. Hobbit (Finale)
    2. Guardians of the Galaxy
    3. C America
    4. The Lego Movie
    5. XMEN Days of Future Past

For 2015

I like to watch Fifty Shades of Grey and Seventh Son as well as Jupiter Ascending. I look forward to see The Avengers Age of Ultron,Furious 7, San Andreas 3D and Jurassic World

11. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite movie in 2014 is definitely The Fault In Our Stars. I couldn't remember how many times I have shed tears while watching that movie. It's awesome.

I am looking forward to see The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, Seventh Son, and Paper Towns (which is also based on the novel by John Green, the author of The Fault In Our Stars).