Do you buy movies or TV series packages?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Zyni • Dec 20, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many movies can be seen online via various services. You can also get movies and TV shows online for $1.99 and such if you don't use a service like Netflix. So, do you still buy movies or boxed sets of your favorite TV series? I usually only buy them as gifts for other people. In rural areas, some people can't get decent entertainment providers or Internet, so these kinds of gifts are nice for them to give them something to watch. I used to buy a lot of movies when my kids were young. I will probably still buy just a few to keep up with certain collections.

Where do you find the best deals?

2. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    For the most part, I'm a Netflix/Hulu/YouTube kind of guy. I will only buy a movie if I know that I will watch it again and again and not get too tired of it. For the most part, I can find something good to watch on one of those three websites. If not, then I would go on Crackle. I think the fact that we have website options when it comes to TV and movies have really slowed down the revenue of DVDs and things like that. It's like what happened to CDs when websites like Amazon came around.

3. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    Now with Netflix and all of these other places that you can watch tv series online I really do not see the need for buying tv packages and I don't really have to. Most of the stuff that I watch I can literally just find them on Netflix and go from there.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, but very rarely, only when I really like that series, if I have become fan like I'd be watching the show over and over. I buy mainly to show my fanaticism because honestly, if I am after the show itself, there are more ways I could have them, but I still buy.

5. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    I find online sources such as Netflix to be much more convenient in watching TV series and movies, so it is my preferred method of watching shows and films. For someone who enjoys binge watching various TV series, Netflix is the way to go due to their huge database of shows, convenience in navigating between episodes and seasons, and it is also cheaper compared to buying individual box sets. Most of the time, I am looking for a good film to watch and don't really have a clear idea of what I want to watch. In this way, online sources are much more useful as you can scroll through their database and see which movies catch your eye. I tend to buy DVDs and box sets for films and shows that have re-watch value, or to complete a certain collection.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always buy my TV series DVDs from Ebay. They come cheaper when you buy used. Most I've got which were almost as good as new but I only buy 'old TV series' which I can't find anywhere online. Otherwise I watch most of the TV series I like on some streaming site.