Favorite trip of 2014?

Discussion in Travel started by TPhoenix • Dec 21, 2014.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Throughout the year, many people travel to other parts of their country or go abroad, leaving their country and taking a much needed trip or desired vacation elsewhere, which can be very rewarding. Do you have a favorite trip/vacation that you took this year that was highly memorable, fun or simply relaxing? How long was the vacation? If you do have a favorite, tell us all about it here.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite trip was early this year when a friend and I visited Singapore for the first time for four days. Although it was a bit of a letdown that we couldn't spend too much to our heart's content (because the place was that expensive), overall the trip was fun and we learned a lot from our backpacker experiences. We took a trip to the Marina Bay Hotel (though we didn't go as far as the surf board-shaped peak), the Botanical Gardens, the Flyer, Bugis, the science museum, the Orchard mall, Sentosa island and the original Merlion monument. Anyway, I hope to visit the place again in the near future and this time with more cash to dispose of.

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Best trip I had for 2014 year was a summer trip to the lake with my family. The place is located in Placer County, California USA, which is around the 3,500 feet level and surrounded by mountains, and it is called Sugar Pine reservoir. It host a variety of fishes and other land animals, including black bears who like to trespass upon visitors and eat their foods, so be wary of this if you ever visit this place and other similar outdoors places. The best thing about the trip was that my mother enjoyed it very much, because she had not been up to the mountains for a few years, and that made me feel joyful to experience her that way - this trip will forever be one of the most memorable for me.

4. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    I went on a trip to Switzerland this year, which was absolutely incredible. The scenery throughout the country was breathtaking and the mountains were immense. I visited a few smaller towns which were great because you could interact with the locals of the towns to experience the real culture of the country, and also get away from the busy tourist areas. The trip was freezing, although it was all worth it when I went up the mountains and saw the seemingly endless snow capped mountains in every direction. The food was lovely as well - the cheeses offered in Switzerland are so unique, yet delicious. Also, don't forget about the chocolate. It was smooth and creamy, just the perfect taste and texture.