What was your best fitness accomplishment of 2014?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by TPhoenix • Dec 21, 2014.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    For those of us that put in the work that is necessary to maintain health, we end up reaping the rewards for such hard work and determination. It takes so much self-discipline and focus to keep going and to keep doing the benefiting activities for whatever individual or overall motives we do them for. What would you say is your greatest accomplishment when it comes to fitness this year? What results were you thrilled with?

2. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty proud that I've improved my diet this year, I guess that might count as a fitness achievement.
    I've managed to cut sodas out completely and I'll only rarely indulge in some fast food.
    This coming year I'll get started on the exercising though, one thing at a time :)

3. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    My biggest fitness accomplishment of 2014 was actually starting to work out. I never had the space before and honestly, I just wasn't taking the best care of my body. One day I looked at myself in the mirror and saw I had this belly growing, and I looked really sluggish. Since I started working out my pouch has gone down a bit, and I feel a little better when I look at myself in the mirror nowadays. I look forward to taking it to the next level in 2015.

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I've been finally able to gain some pounds of muscle from doing my daily simple exercises of push-ups and dumb-bell workouts. Although it's taking longer than I had plan to achieve my final goal, I'm getting much more results than my previous years. I ultimately plan to be around 140 lbs and be able to bench press at least 225 bench press, but I doubt I'll be able to do this until another year or so.

5. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    This year marks the first year I started going to the gym. Initially my aim was just to put on some muscle mass, but I didn't realize how enjoyable it was. I think my biggest accomplishment this year was setting a consistent plan for the gym and sticking to that plan for this long. For me, this has improved not only my physique, but my confidence as well. I think working out is a great part of anyone's lifestyle because of all the positive effects it has. Although my diet has not been ideal this year, this is an area of improvement which I will focus on next year.

6. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:

Improving my diet was a big goal achievement for me as well. I went from going out to eat close to 10 times a month to around 2 or 3. It really helped me physically and I found I just slept a whole lot better when I was eating Chicken/rice and spinach for dinner rather than Jack in the Box Tacos. It was also a lot of fun learning to cook and trying new ways to manipulate chicken into something different.

My goal for the upcoming year is to properly learn how to weight train and how to focus on certain areas during certain days. I feel pretty confident in my ability to cardio train and get lean, but still am absolutely clueless about a good way to start learning how to lift.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I was able to go jogging for straight 3 months, without any single day of absence. That was really an accomplishment because it didn't come easy more so that I go to school. Even when I didn't have sleep, no matter how exhausted I was, I still make it a point to go jogging of at least 30 minutes of moderate intensity. It was indeed physically exhausting but at the same time both physically and mentally rewarding. Because of that, I have gained confidence. No matter how depressed I was because of my low scores in my exams, I still jogged. It was an accomplishment for another reason that I was never able to repeat it again. But I still strive to beat that record.

8. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    My whole interest in my own health started in 2014, so that's when I began to push for a great result in my body.

I wouldn't say I have much of a visible result, but a result is also a change in feeling. My energy as I reached my teenage years was very low. I was always tired, and at the same time, I had a bad case of insomnia. But ever since I got into taking wellness programs and I even trained to become a wellness coach, I've practically changed my whole lifestyle within a span of one year. I have increased my energy, lost my fat percent, and built muscle.

The most important thing is that I actually enjoy working as a wellness coach because since my life changed, I've been inspired to change other people's lives as well.

9. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    2014 was a great year for me. I managed to get back in the gym and I also made some seroius gains even though some fat came in my way. So I think this year will stay in my memory as the year that I started working out properly. I think that 2015 will be just a second part of 2014 because I want to do some little improvements to my body like getting rid of the fat so I can finally reveal my abs.

10. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I put on about 20 pounds this past year, and that's a big win for me considering my weight normally stays pretty low. Gaining weight has always been an issue, and I'm talking about any sort of weight, not just muscle. I added on the pounds, and I've been able to hold onto them so far into the new year. That's in stark contrast to past years when my weight would remain the same for the entire time.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My best fitness accomplishment of 2014 was when I suddenly found the urge to get fitter, and more healthy, and I began to work out daily. I started doing Crossfit WODs (Workouts of The Day) I was getting better at them, completing them in faster and faster amounts of time. Then I just stopped. I'd felt my body improve in health. But for some reason I stopped. Hoping to get back into it.

12. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    In 2014 I picked up hiking and have some sick views and trails. I also took some hot yoga classes that pushed my focus and flexibility. I guess before that I wasn't doing much for my health so my greatest physical accomplishment of the year was getting off my butt.

13. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Saw this thread got bumped, and figured I'd give an update.

Started working a trainer and developed a really nice workout routine where I alternate between cardio and weights. Currently in the best shape I've been since I was a sophomore in high school playing basketball everyday and overall just feel better and healthier than I have in a long time.

For those trying to get in a great workout routine, drinking water is absolutely crucial. Helps you recover faster and keeps you in your routine.

14. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd say my greatest achievement this year has been travelling across the city three times a week to train with my osteopath in his home gym. I sustained an injury three month ago and it has been hard getting back on track again. But I never gave up and all the hard work is starting to pay off now. I hardly feel any pain any more and my muscles are getting stronger after every session.

15. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Must have been muscle building. My cardio improved slightly, but I also put on weight. I was doing pretty well over summer but a manual labouring job in the autumn meant I was incredibly hungry on return from work, and was eating a lot of calories. Good for building muscle but bad for weight gain.