What supplements do you take?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Webene • Dec 22, 2014.

1. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    For avid gym goers, or those who just go casually, there is a huge and diverse range of supplements that one can take to improve performance, or reach our goals quicker. For example, protein powder can be very beneficial for those who are looking to put of lean muscle tissue, but find it difficult to eat enough protein in foods. These powders provide a convenient and quick way of reaching daily protein targets. Even then, there are a huge range of different proteins on the market, from whey to pea protein. There are countless more supplements that help to burn fat, become more energetic and improve performance, just to name a few benefits.
    What supplements do you take, and what is the reason?

2. selina

selinaMember

Threads:
    I do workout regularly and my gym trainer suggest me for nitric oxide supplements and I am taking it from last two months. I get more stamina and motivation during workout because of nitric oxide supplements but before two months I have confirmed about this supplements to my family doctor and after his suggestion I take supplements regularly with limited quantity. I found some informations through internet surfing and some website really helpful for me like:

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The supplements that I usually take are the vitamin C, Fish oil and vitamin B complex. I only go for the most necessary ones. I am not sure though if they are really absorbed by the body, I just hope that they do. They are only good for immune protection and energy metabolisation. I have never taken any supplement that will help me build up my muscles. Oh, I forgot I also take calcium, because I don't think really that I am able to get enough of it, because I rarely eat foods that are rich of it.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's been proven time and time again that the overwhelming majority of supplements don't do anything for our bodies, except protein and a couple of others, so I don't take any of them. I just eat better and lay off most things that aren't water, aside from the occasional energy drink for some flavor. I've never had trouble reaching my fitness goals, either way.

5. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    The thing behind supplements is, if you eat correctly then you don't need them. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables need to be on your plate and no worrying about whether or not you are eating to much, only whether or not you are moving enough. If you eat lots of fruits and vegetables throughout the day (every two hours is suggested) and stay away from fatty foods such as restaurant foods, then you will be OK and not need the supplements. They are a waste of time and money. First off, a lot of people don't know this, but most vitamins do not work unless it is taken with 3 or 4 other vitamins to activate them. They can not absorb into the body correctly for it to be beneficial unless you accompany them with certain other vitamins. So I just don't waste time or money on them and just make for sure I have the right amount of fruits and vegetables in my daily diet.

6. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    As a wellness coach, I really take into consideration that everything I put into my body is safe and it fits my nutritional needs.

I actually take a meal replacement protein shake by the company Herbalife. It's called a Formula 1 Nutritional Shake mix and it comes in different delicious flavors. I take it for health and wellness purposes, not for weight loss. It's sort of my weight management supplement, and I love it because it contains a good amount of protein and 22 vitamins and minerals. I take it every morning because it's Low Glycemic index, so it doesn't drastically shock my sugar levels with a high amount of carbs.

I also take other a bunch of other Herbalife tablets, because I actually feel a difference taking them. Vitamins, Fibers, extra protein powder, etc. They all work really well for my body.

7. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    Great post, I take vitamin D, B, C, E, iron and calcium, those are the ones that are the most important to me, I take vitamin D because it's good for your brain keeps you happy and motivated, vitamin B helps you to burn calories and it helps to repair body tissue, vitamin C is good for your overall health and builds up your immune system, vitamin E is really good for your skin and also helps in repairs of body, iron is good for your blood, it helps you to absorb oxygen when you're working out, calcium is good for, nothing like bad posture because your bones are too soft, vitamin D works with calcium to build strong bones , those are the main ones I take separately, I also take a multivitamin for my overall health, I take protein powder and amino acids to help me build muscles, most important I just eat healthy.

8. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I eat well. I do not buy supplements, who really are more often a scam than a necessity (unless you eat unbalanced). I expect the placebo effect accounts for what people see as surges in performance.

9. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going natural also and not taking any supplements. I was tempted to take some protein powder but I decided against it. I chose to try and get up on my own pace and my own body without really pushing health issues. So far it worked great, only thing that bothers me is the low energy levels that affect me in the winter.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I take turmeric to help with joint pain. Turmeric is a natural herb that has been shown to help people that have cancer and also a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.

When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer. Also may prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.

Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.

May prevent

and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.

Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.

Is a natural liver detoxifier.

May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.

May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.

11. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I take vitamin D, B, C, E, iron and calcium most of the time and nothing else. This helps my body be in great shape and do not have a vitamin deficit. Also I avoid any growth supplements as I wouldn't want to develop some other issues. Other than that, i'm building as natural.

12. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I take magnesium, zinc, vitamins ranging from A through D, and Norwegian Cod Fish Oil as supplements to my health and after working out. As for weight-lifting supplements and dietary products, I stay away from those because I'm not trying to be a body-builder and I wish to gain my physique mostly through my workout plan instead. Also, I eat not only meats as protein but organs too, which is something most humans deter from eating nowadays yet its where a lot of good nutrients are to be found, although every human digests and absorbs it all differently.

13. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    I have protein supplements in the form of powder shake. I don't drink it very often, since it doesn't dissolve properly and forms clumps that are a real bother, but leaving that aside it isn't bad.

No results, though, must be because I don't follow a regular routine with it.

14. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    No one that is serious about their body would have a hard time getting protein from food, it is just there unless you are an uninformed vegan.

Anyway, I do drink protein shakes because there is a certain number that I like to hit on my protein intake per day. There are very specific vitamins that I take, but I try to get the bulk of everything through food.

15. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I take the following supplements regularly: fish oil, grapeseed, black cumin and mixed herbs. The reason why I take these supplements is simple. Although I'm not really sickly, I have a few congenital and growth acquired ailments and I need to be as healthy as I can be to prevent future complications. Also, overall, those supplements keep me in great shape.

16. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    The only supplements I take are protein bars. I don't think I need more, because I'm not very tall and I'm only 19 which means that my body doesn't need that much protein in order to grow. I need about 160 grams of protein per day and I can easily obtain them from food, chicken breast being the main choice. But as time will pass, I will gain weight, maybe I will have a demanding job so I will have to buy some whey protein to offer my body the protein it needs.