Favorite game console currently?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Webene • Dec 24, 2014.

1. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    Chances are that if we have lived through the past decade, we have witnessed the immense growth of the gaming industry. I remember visiting my friends house and playing Super Smash Bros on the Game Cube, which was a big deal back then. Now, we have the PS4, Xbox One, Wii and many more, with ridiculously good graphics, sounds and gameplay. Similar games have evolved a lot as well, such as first person shooters and sports games. Call of Duty has definitely gotten better, with more ideas and different tactics and graphics. FIFA has also improved its features and increased the things you can do, even though the general game play is still the same.
    What is your favorite console right now?
    Also, what is your favorite game on that console?

2. mnguyen1

mnguyen1New Member

Threads:
    I put my favor toward my Wii U at the moment. The reason is upcoming Zelda and the new released SSB4. It is a blast to play it right now. A lot of improvements were put into this game one of the top played game of the year. A lot of familiar but new character from older Nintendo games. 8man mode is fun. Couple of my buddy and I are playing it and we loved it. I am glad Nintendo released it before 2015.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm more of a PC gamer myself, but my favorite console is the Xbox One, but mainly only because I'm a Halo fanboy. Among the consoles I feel that the Xbox has the strongest console exclusive titles which have helped in its sales. That said if these titles ever came to PC I might just stop playing on the Xbox altogether!

4. blasianchick

blasianchickNew Member

Threads:
    I have owned a Wii and Wii U, currently have a PS 3. Of the 3 I've tried, my favorite is by far the PS3. It is easy to control. It has games with awesome graphics available. It has better interface and features for my Netflix subscription. This is super important because I don't even watch cable anymore, thanks to Netflix! It's playing constantly in my house. As for actual game-play, my favorite game to play is the Sims3 and although I own the PS3 version, I prefer the PC game. So I mostly use my PC for gaming. But everyone else in my family enjoys the PS3 and I would never go back to the Wii or Wii U, no matter how fancy it looks on the outside.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm still enjoying my PS3 although admittedly it's probably because I haven't experienced any of the new consoles yet. As of now I'm still very much enjoying playing GTA V and I'm still discovering some unplaced games in my backlog that are turning out to be very entertaining. Also there's still a few more games I still have to buy and try out so I'm not too broken up about not having the latest console.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a preference. I've owned a PS3 and Xbox 360, and then I've owned an Xbox One, Playstation 4, and then a PC if you want to add that into the conversation. They're all great at what they do, and certain exclusives make each platform more than worth it. I've even had fun with the 3DS and Playstation Vita over the past few months. All of the consoles and handhelds offer something you can't get on the other platforms, so they're all worthy contenders, I'd say.

7. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Currently, I do not have one. I used to have a PSP, Playstation, and Xbox... we got rid of them all. Time is not really available for us to play and we felt it a waste. Now when we have time to play we just play on our computers. Mass majority of games are compatible with computers and some are even available online. Not to mention apps. One game I love is actually available as an app called Soul Caliber. I was shocked when I found it. Now I play it on my Windows Surface. It works great. We do intend to buy another game system... most likely a WII.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would have chosen PS3 but since I don't have much time to play it these days, I'll vouch for PC gaming instead. It's not much of a gaming experience but it does help you multitask. You can check your emails and social media accounts while playing at the same time. I find it less stressful playing games through a PC.

9. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say the PS3. I'm a bit biased towards Sony. That's why I'm picking the PS3.

But, there's already the PS4 you say? With better graphical capabilities, processing power and stuff like that?

Well, yeah, the PS4 is definitely way ahead technologically than the PS3 but the PS3 still has more great games than the PS4. Consoles are all about the games. When the PS4 accumulates enough great games in its library, I'll have to shift towards the PS4.

10. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I really love the PS4. I played Grand Theft Auto V on PS4 at a friend's house a couple of weeks ago and I really loved it. I haven't spent as much time on a XBox One as I have on a PlayStation, but from what I've played I think it'll be pretty hard to compete. I could be wrong though. I'll let you guys know after I've spent a couple of days with a XBox One.

11. personaleek

personaleekNew Member

Threads:
    I'm kinda split down the middle. I love both consoles. I haven't bought either of the consoles yet, but I'm planning on buying one. I love the PS4 because it's got a cooler design, cooler exclusive games, and I have some friends on it. I love the Xbox One, because I generally played on my 360 on the last gen, and I have a lot of achievements on the account. And I have most of my friends on the Xbox One. I'm most likely going for the Xbox One because majority of my friends are on it though.

12. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I guess you can say that I am a bit of a Sony fanboy as I've only owned their consoles. They always had the better console in my eyes and sure Xbox had Halo but that doesn't make the console better.

13. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I never thought I would say this, but I am sticking with retro gaming for the foreseeable future. This new wave of DLC, free to play, in game purchases, forced to be connected online games are driving me away. I was never an online gamer, so seeing the online-only games, or games with an 80% focus towards online, and 20% to offline, is quite disheartening.

From here on out, I will be sticking with the Nintendo Wii(Gamecube and Wii games) and lower budget PC games. I buy 1 new Wii/Gamecube game per month, so I will be playing this console for a long time :D

14. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    My current game console is a PC and I don't think this will ever changesd. Since I was a child I was used to play games on a PC and I find it hard to switch to a Playstation or Xbox. I know it may be expensive to upgrade your computer every 2 years in order to be able to play the latest games at maximum graphic settings, but on a PC you can really enjoy a good looking game.

15. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I'm enjoying the PS4 for the moment. Playing on them certainly entertained me more than the Xbox one. Grand theft Auto is amazing on this next gen console and I really hope it gets more affordable in the soon to come years. That being said, i'm sold for playstations now rather than Xbox. Of course, i'm not counting the older generations (ps3/xbox 360) as they went pretty horrid.

16. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    The last console I had was a PS2. I was considering getting a PS4, but after finding out that they didn't make it backwards compatible, I refused. I'm considering building a gaming PC, because most of the games I want to play can be played on PC. I was also considering getting a PS3 from ebay for cheap, because most of the games I've been dying to play are on that console. Also, Infamous: Second Son looks really nice for PS4 as does The Last of Us for PS3.

17. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Favorite game console from last gen is definitely PS3. It's not amazing, and the architecture is just dumb, but at least it's no 360. Favorite game currently, Guilty Gear Xrd that came out just last month.

As for current gen... Wii U. Even though I don't really like Nintendo at all, for various reasons, Wii U is hands down the best console RIGHT NOW. PS4 and XOne have absolutely no games that would sell me on them (seeing as 99% of the games are multiplatform and I can play them either on PS3 or my PC), while Wii U has a couple of pretty good exclusives.

18. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    3DS is my actual favorite console. I really like the effects, and even if it is starting to be 'old', I find it as enjoyable as in the early times. PC would be my second favorite console.

I don't really have a favorite game right now, I simply enjoy and store them for a later time.

19. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Right now, my laptop is supplying me with the bulk of my gaming needs so it's gotta be my favorite as of the moment. I'm starting to think of getting a bunch of old consoles though, so that I can start playing my favorite classic games such as FF VII, FF IX, and FF X. I'm also starting to miss Kingdom Hearts I and Kingdom Hearts II. Maybe it's because I'm starting to get older, and I want to feel nostalgic, even for a little.

20. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I've recently tried XBOX as well. But I cannot get myself to use it over the PS4. In full terms, I prefer the PC over anything else, but keeping it down to consoles, PS4 would still be my best choice. I wonder, what would the next-next gen look like?