Vitamin Water: Do You Drink It?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by hayrake • Dec 24, 2014.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge water drinker. Water with lemon is my drink of choice pretty much all of the time. I keep seeing these vitamin waters and little tablets you can put in your bottled waters to turn them into vitamin water. I haven't gone down that road, yet; and I don't really think I ever will in spite of being health conscious. I feel like I already get all of the vitamins I need and I like my water the way it is; but what about you? Do you drink it? Like it? Think it is here to stay?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do actually buy the sachets and tablets, but only use them when I have a long day or if I know I may not be able to eat properly all day. I like them as a boost and I feel good having some extra vitamins. I don't eat fruit, but do drink juices, so for me it helps make up for it.

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I used to drink Vitamin water, Gatorade, and Powerade a lot a few years back, but I realized they're just water with sugar and a bunch of stuff I don't know. Now I stick with alkalized filter water and keep the sugar/sodium drinks to a minimum, which I drink when i really need to hydrate my body only. If one properly eats and drinks truly beneficial things of good nutritional value, there's no need to drink any sports type of drinks at all.

4. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    Vitamin water is marketed as a healthy drink, I mean its name even has vitamin in it! However, unfortunately these drinks are full of sugar and other artificial flavors generally. This makes it very unhealthy and not worth buying if you're just drinking because you think it's healthy. Sports drinks also contain a lot of sugar, and only really benefit those who perform very high amounts of physical activity. I prefer just drinking water straight, and occasionally adding some lemon to the water to change up the taste. Vitamin water shouldn't be consumed for health benefits as there are not that many positive benefits.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I drink vitamin water but not all the time. I must have drank a few bottles of a local vitamin water brand in the last few months. Though it's supposed to have rejuvenating effects along with certain health benefits, I almost always end up with a migraine after drinking vitamin water. It's either the vitamins are too concentrated or I'm averse to synthetic vitamins.

6. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I will occasionally drink A vitamin water if there are no other options available that I like better Typically if I am going to buy a bottle of enhanced water it will be Sobe. Just not a huge fan of the Vitamin Water family of flavors.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I need a vitamin boast I'd rather get myself vitamin supplements. But I've never done that and don't think I'll ever need to since I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. While my diet has those [a lot of vegetables and fruits], I'll keep my hands off vitamin water.

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course I do drink. There's a lot of that simple drink that one can't just simply imagine. Water is vital for our healthy being. Without it our survival is impossible. But with a lot of it, we can be assured that we are one step to a life that is healthy.

9. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    No. From what I've read, vitamin water isn't really that good for your health. Considering how much sugar is in that stuff, you might as well be better off drinking coke or some other soda. I get adequate vitamins and nutrition from my diet, and if I do happen to need supplemental vitamins, I'll buy them in pill form. Much cheaper and healthier.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Whenever I came across them at convenience stores I'd always just ignore them, because if I were to spend my money, I'd much rather just spend it on either pure water or purely sugary drinks because for the same price I feel it's better for me to at least satisfy a few of my urges as I don't think vitamin water contributes all that much to keeping me healthy anyway.

11. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never liked the taste of it so I haven't drank it in a long time. Aside from the fact people said it was unhealthy (which I did not know but it explains why it tastes different than other drinks that are said to be healthy), you don't need vitamins in your water. To me water should be plain. The only exception is Simply Ice. Those are good and I think are actually healthy.

12. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes. Usually because I'm stuck in front of a vending machine and I don't want to drink soda or juice and I don't want to pay for plain water (never did want to pay for plain water, that's so pointless!) so I just get a vitamin water bottle with a flavor I like. I actually like the sparkly water with berry flavor better, though. But vitamin water has robust bottles, so that's fun!

13. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I drink. I drink more than a liter every meal. Not yet included in there the amount that I drink after I work out and the amount that I drink when I'm doing nothing. I am really fond of drinking water that's why it makes me surprised when I know that it's hard for others to drink water and maintain a healthy habit of drinkingit in right amount.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think they're quite bland for my taste, so I prefer drinking energy drinks or soda rather than vitamin water. Maybe I'll try varied brands and flavors next time and see if I will like one.

15. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I drink vitamin C fizzy tablets that I drop into a glass or bottle of water, but that is about all I have tried. I've not see any other available as a soluble.

16. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never buy these vitamin waters. They are so expensive for what they are. It's cheaper to just take a multivitamin tablet every day.

17. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I dont buy vitamin water they quite costly. However I drink powerade and gatorade. I agree with missbishi it is better to take multivitamins everyday than drinking vitamin water.

18. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I dislike the taste of vitamin water. I prefer plain water or juice, I think the taste of those waters is weird.

19. ZRadach

ZRadachMember

Threads:
    I don't, especially since cofactors that allow proper absorption are likely--nigh guaranteed--to be absent from said drink. And then there's the extra cost... before you worry about a deficiency, do a dietary analysis or have bloodwork done. self-diagnosis is oft a waste of time and resources, or even counterproductive in some cases.

If your diet provides insufficient nutrition, change your diet!

the side effects of a better diet are GOOD, e.g. reductions in bodyfat, fatigue, systemic inflammation...

Thanks for Reading! :)

20. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried vitamin water nor am in a hurry to go get one. It seems to be all marketing. I think it's important as consumers to not get caught up in the hype of marketing and make educated choices when it comes to what we put into our bodies. I cannot justify spending money on a drink that it mostly sugar and water which makes it more like a soft drink than and health drink. Vitaminwater is owned by Coca Cola. I believe that best drink is straight up water and in Canada I'll just drink tap water and not even buy bottled. I'll get my vitamins from eating healthy foods. Here is an article I found on vitamin water.