Have you ever had to deal with 'stink' bugs?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by MrsJones • Dec 24, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Lately our bathroom has been visited by stink bugs. I just read about them out of curiosity. I've never killed any of them instead I find a lidded jar and capture it and release it outside. The article stated that you should dispose of them by flushing it down the toilet or drowning it in soapy water and that pesticides really don't work. It also stated that they will disappear once the winter season is over that's good to know. They don't procreate during winter season. Other things mentioned are to find the source which could be an open bathroom exhaust, which we do have, remove air conditioners from windows, seal any cracks or crevices around doors and windows.

Has anyone experienced 'stink bugs?'

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually just did! I was just laying on my bad and my window is open, when some bug flew in and flew straight on my eye!!not only that, but it actually got stuck on my eye! I yelled and quickly scratched my eyes to remove it, and then I noticed that my hand was stinking really bad... It was disgusting. I thoroughly washed it with a lot of soap, but I can still smell little bit of that which is so nasty. I hate those bugs, but unfortunately we have them quite often where I live because I live in tropical warm country.

3. CyberGal

CyberGalMember

Threads:
    We ran into quite a few of them this past summer. I never experienced their "stink" though. I've been lucky enough to be able to get them onto a tissue and walk them outside where I just let them go on their way. I don't really want to smell them either because like you mentioned, I've been told they smell really bad.