What are your most liked foods to eat and drink for Christmas dinner?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by valiantx • Dec 25, 2014.

1. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Foods I like to eat for Christmas are roast ham, Apple pie, papaya salad, sliced-beef salad, crawfish [if any are available to buy], and some BBQ venison. I also like me a cup of soup, either clam chowder or beef stew.

For drinks, I prefer a good cup of red wine or a cold beer to drink with food. If I have neither, I opt for a cup of green tea. I'm not much a fan of egg-nog drinks.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Any type of pasta dish and pastries would do, I'm really not choosy. My most favorite would be the desserts though, like Tiramisu and fruit salad.

3. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    For Christmas, the roast ham and turkey are definitely welcome favorites every year for me. These are generally the go to meats for a Christmas dinner, and they are really popular especially with a new variety of sauce to compliment. I am a big seafood fan as well, so fresh prawns, salmon and lobster are always a delicious way of getting some more variety in the meal. Generally, I love salads, and Christmas salads are no different because there seems to be some novel salad recipe someone has invented which is delicious more often than not. Any type of desserts is great, as I am not too picky - although anything chocolate is always a bonus. The best thing about Christmas meals is the large amount of variety, in my opinion.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My choices are more less the same with yours. Christmas won't ever be the same without ham, spaghetti (Carbonara or Bolognese), chicken salad, fruit salad and a bottle of red wine (although the family always keeps a spare just in case one bottle isn't enough). Sometimes we buy cake but have not bought one for this year's celebration. Soda products used to be a staple every Christmas but I guess everyone's had enough of drinking them. Maybe come New Year, they'll reconsider.

5. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer eating seafood like lobster salad or cocktail prawns during Christmas, I'm not really in the mood for more roasts given how Thanksgiving was but a month ago. My favorite drink would be eggnog or hot cocoa, perfect on a winter day!

6. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I love drinking sorrel, malta or water with my Christmas dinner. As for food, I enjoy eating seasoned rice, ham, vegetables and ackee,saltfish and corn pork. As I type this comment, I have seasoned rice and ham on the stove being prepared and someone is carrying pork and other foods for me :) needless to say, I love food, then again, who doesn't? lol, that's why maybe half the world is overweight.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We don't really have a set menu of what is prepared during the holidays aside from a few dishes but among the reoccurring dishes my favorite has to be roast pork. I love how tender the meat is and the way you can eat it without even needing a knife because it's been cooked long enough that you can cut it with a fork. I also like the stews because hose are my favorites even on regular days.

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We usually celebrate it with the casual foods that we eat at home but spiced up a little more like pasta and wine and pastries and cakes. In our casual days, we eat those, but only those that are easy-to-go and cheap. Because the Christmas is a special day, we buy and consume those that are expensive. After all, the day only comes once in a year, so we think that it wouldn't really hurt to shell out a quite high amount of money just for that single day.

9. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I love my families recipe for turkey stuffing. I think that is my favorite flavor wise, but since I am not eating gluten anymore I only have a little bit, so I don't shock my system. I also really like turkey meat. I don't get to have it that often so I really enjoy having it for the holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's just so much better than chicken for some reason. I wish I could afford to have it more often, but it just costs too much for that.

10. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    The best thing that I like to eat and drink is red glass of wine and roasted chicken. They make a wonderful combination and I crave for them on any given day. I totally love the food on a Christmas day.

11. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    If I had to pick two favorites they would probably be mashed potatoes and broccoli and cheese casserole.