Fitness goals for 2015?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Webene • Dec 25, 2014.

1. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    The year has almost come to an end, and after the food intensive Christmas day most of us have eaten too much delicious food. Generally, this means doing more exercise in the days to follow to 'work off' what we ate. Although, it's the festive season and many of our friends and families are having events throughout the entire month and even through to next year, which may at times hinder our fitness goals. As such, many people begin their fitness plans at the start of a new year. This can range from aiming for a certain weight to lift, to shedding some fat. What is your fitness goal(s) for next year?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm amused at the phrase "food-intensive Christmas day." I've been eating like there's no tomorrow since the first week of December. My entire December is going to be food-intensive, unfortunately. I'm not very concerned with my weight or my build. Metabolism has pretty much taken care of it. My main concerns are my bulging tummy and rather enlarged shoulders. I need to kick off 2015 with a lot of belly flattening exercises and exercises to reduce the size of my shoulders. Everything's basically going to be DIY with the help of fitness videos and advice from a fitness buff friend.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My fitness goals for 2015 are the same as they were towards the end of 2014 lol. Towards the end of 2014, I began to participate in Crossfit. I began at home, because I couldn't really afford to really go to a Crossfit box, which is essentially a gym that is Crossfit oriented or focused. I then gathered the money to start attending a Crossfit box, but then my interest and excitement waned. But I still want my four pack or six pack. So my goal for the new year is just to tone up all around and get my four or six pack :) I hope that I will attain that goal, but I make myself no promises lol.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have also been eating alot this month, too many affairs to go to. I have already started to walk more and eat less. I must make it a point to drink more water. I have never been a big drinker so I know I am not getting enough water as I drink tea most of the time.

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't care for fitness, because most people do not understand what this word means, because etymologically it means this: state or quality of being suitable. Taking this grammatically correct definition of the word, one should see it doesn't mean to act or practice to be more healthier, fitness means "fall in with the views of" what one wishes - like to "fit" in to one's goal(s). If one is still fitting into a goal, then one will never achieve the goal.

I simply have a goal, to broaden and grow in self from this moment into a more better in mind and body, as well as be more successful financially.

6. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Because of my diabetes and high blood pressure, I need to get in shape. However I had surgery on my spine and a bad knee, so exercise is not that easy for me. I am working on doing exercises that you can do sitting down and working my way to hopefully be able to yoga by the middle of the year. It is going to be slow going, but for health reasons I seriously need to work on my health.

7. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I am an experienced athlete, but, over three years, I have not been doing much running, so naturally, I have put on a little more weight and I have gotten slower, for the upcoming new year, I intend to enter all the marathons in my town- and that will in total bring me to participating in at least 12 marathons, so, I am training for that at the moment. The training requires that I go to the gym, run several miles a day and stretch to keep flexible and to also add a lot of water to my diet. I'm eagerly awaiting for 2016 though! lol, as I believe that's when I'll actually start to win the marathons in my town. But as for now :) one step at a time :)

8. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    My goals are to change some of my food habits. I'd like to eat far less convenience foods and far more home cooked meals.
    My goal is also to be able to ride my bike to the beach by this spring, be able to walk or enjoy the water and then still be able to ride back. It's not TOO far, 15 miles 1 way so a 30 mile round trip. Right now though, I'm only riding about 6-8 miles at a time.

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I will strive to do 1000 skips a day without absence for the whole year, tone my abs and my muscles and slim down!!! I wish that I would be able to do it. It's not hard, but we all know that nothing great comes easy. In fact one thing is great because most of the population or only very few are able to achieve them. But I am not doing my goals because I just want to be great. I am doing them because they are what I like. I don't care about greatness. What I do care about is hard work to achieve you ideals.

10. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    My goal is to cook more, and to cook healthy foods. I'm also hoping to cut down on my liquid calorie consumption. In addition to this, I hope to do more walking and perhaps take up yoga.

11. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    2014 was one of my better fitness years, which was my news years resolution last year! So this biggest thing for me is to continue on my good diet and workout routine and maybe try and ramp it up a bit to get in better shape.

Other than that, what I want to do is learn how to get in a better weight-lifting routine and how to properly work different muscle groups. Still feel woefully under-prepared every time I try and go lift and it usually ends up being a really weak workout. So planning on getting with a trainer, at least for a month, to get me on a good lifting routine and started off right.

12. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I've reached my ideal fat percent and muscle mass, but I think I would like to start toning and sculpting my body for this year. I want to have a healthy figure in order to have a healthy me. The stronger you are, the better you feel.

Basically I want to improve my overall wellness. That can help me prevent getting sick, fight against allergies, and improve my stamina every day. I just want to feel good this 2015.

13. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I want to be healthier this year. I started running last year and this year I hope to hone the skill. I've already signed up for 3 half-marathons and a handful of 5ks throughout the year so that I'll continue with my training and make it a habit instead of a hobby. I also want to cook at home more instead of falling into the dining out habit. It's too hard on the waistline and the pocketbook!

14. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    Luckily, I was born with good genes. I don't tend to gain weight easily, but I do tend to get out of shape. I've been working out for a long time now for some time, but two years after my dad passed away I just stopped and you can see the difference My posture is not as good as it once was, and I've lost all the definition I once had. As I get older I realize it's more important to be active and not made a resolution to start exercising once again. I've recently bought an exercise bike about four months ago I still haven't taken it out of the box yet, I find it really hard to get motivated which is not like me but hopefully I can get started Within a few days.

15. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Hahaha! very funny comment @ReadWriteLearnLove when you said, " I also want to cook at home more instead of falling into the dining out habit. It's too hard on the waistline and the pocketbook!" I too have been training myself for some marathons in my country but, sometimes, I don't wanna train,LOL for example, this week, I did nothing! :-( I plan to do a lot over the weekend though, so hopefully I'll be in some shape for the upcoming 6k!