What's your favorite sweet and salty combo?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by MrsJones • Dec 26, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    There have been many times that I have a craving for something sweet and something salty to snack on. I sit back and think just exactly what is going to hit the spot to relinquish that craving. Sometimes it doesn't hit me until I see someone else eating something either sweet or salty that I say 'yeah, that's what I want.' That happens a lot when my grandson always gets Doritos Nacho Cheese chips when we are at the store and I grab me a Pepsi and a handful of his Doritos. It's a great combination of sweet and salty.

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    For me it would definitely be some nice savory meat, like a burger or steak, with something sweet on the side, like cranberry sauce or pineapple chutney. Sweet and savory flavors match really well together.

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    My most liked combination of sweet and salty food is mangoes and smoked ham! I will always like this combo, because the ham's saltiness is rich in flavor which mangoes help to enhance it with a sweet but natural flavor that blends smoothly with the meat. This combo is more better if I add slices of pineapple, grapes, and oranges slices with mangoes, and then eat it all with ham.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I never thought I would like it when I first saw it being featured on tv, but after I got to taste my first chocolate potato chip I was hooked. Maybe it helps that the brand I got was very high end so the quality was really great but I still think the combination is a bit weird even though I now love eating it.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I entered this thread, and the very first thing to enter my mind was either peanut butter - since that is often a sweet and salty combination - and popcorn, which can also be purchased in a sweet and salty flavor combination. Then I read some of the previous posts and I'm seeing that people are talking about steak and mangoes and such lmaoo!!! I guess that it is obvious that I like in the UK, because our food combinations are often so simple, compared to the US.

6. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I never heard of a chocolate potato chip and yeah it is a weird combination. Who makes these because I'd like to try them myself?

7. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    PayDay candy bars and a trail mix made with one large jar of salted peanuts, one bag of M&M's and a box of raisins. I have to keep getting my husband to hide the trail mix from me when I make it. Otherwise, it would be gone in a day.

8. Cryyo

CryyoMember

Threads:
    Salted caramel! I make it myself at home sometimes, but I can never get it as good as my local grocer seems to. I love it because you can put it on a variety of other things as well if you grind it up. Sometimes I make my own cinnamon rolls, so I will grind up some salted caramel and pit it on top after the icing. Adds some character and some texture to the whole experience. I love it.

9. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I think it is best to try out Indian salty sweet mixture if you want to eat something sweet as well as salty. I think it is really worth it to try out various ways dishes that are sweet salty rather than just stick to one. I believe that it can be really easy to eat something junk food to satisfy your taste bud.