Bags under the eyes

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by love2loveu • Jun 11, 2012.

1. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    What kind of beauty treatment do you suggest for bags under the eyes?

2. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Cucumbers on your eyes, they reduce puffing and cool your eyes. You can also buy the Garnier caffeine eye roller, it works wonders!

3. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I agree, cucumbers works really good and it removed the bags under my eyes. It took about a week to disappear completely, so don't give up :).

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I use ice cubes in the morning and cucumbers if I have the time. I also read that green tea bags on your eyes helps reduce inflammation. The antioxidants in the tea help reduce the puffiness.

5. lauraemilia

lauraemiliaNew Member

Threads:
    I agree..cucumbers, green tea are efficient for the bags under the eyes...Whenever I have time, I do something else: when I go to sleep I put a spoon in the fridge and leave it there during the night and in the morning I put the cold spoon on my eyes..it helps a little.

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I have been trying and trying to find something that will remove the bags under my eyes but I didn't know what really works. I am glad to know that I found that cucumbers or green tea does the trick and I have lots of green tea. I feel like I would never get rd of those bags under my eyes and that is the reason I wear sunglasses all the time because I didn't know just how to make them disappear for good. I will be in the cucumber section of the grocers all the time from now on.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I suggest removing salt from the diet first and foremost. After that, look at the other foods. Yes, genetics plays a part for some people, but these things will still help more than anything. Look for the cause, not how to bandaid it.

8. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    After using a green tea bag, cool it in the fridge and then apply them on your eyes like you would cucumbers. Green tea helps deal with unwanted puffiness and it's also great for your skin! There are also a lot of under eye masks and patches from Korean brands that a lot of people swear by. You should try and check them out online if you don't have any Korean beauty shops around your place. They're fairly cheap too!

9. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    Iced green tea bags as most suggested. Nevertheless, the best thing you can do is to reduce eye-strain, take adequate rest and eat protein-rich diet, along with a regular workout. You may get some massage around your eyes in a spa.

Also, it's an age-related factor too, for which you need to undergo some cosmetic procedure.

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    So glad to see this topic being discussed, I could use some advice on the matter as well :), interesting to hear that the cucumber thing really works. I've always wondered but never tried it.

11. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I have tried hemerhoid cream. I read that it shrinks tissue and works wonders so I gave it a shot. I know it sounds weird, but it actually worked. It lowered the swelling of the bags under my eyes and a bit of makeup covered it completely. I highly recommend it for unsightly bags.

12. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We call them eyebags and they normally appear when one lacked sleep. What we do is to apply hot compress for 15 minutes on the eyes and then rest for 5 minutes and then apply cold compress for 5 minutes. That will do the trick. It is a traditional cure for eyebags.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think this is the most fast and effective method. What is the brand name of this cream and how much is it? Is it over the counter?

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually was reading an article a couple of months ago on Facebook, about the many uses of used tea bags. There was a surprisingly long list of things that used teabags can be used for, and were even some things that it could save people money on. I have forgotten most of the uses on the list now, but one of the things that I remember being on it was putting used teabags on eyes to remove bags from beneath the eyes. Whether it actually works or not is another story though.

15. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I am so glad that I came across this post. I have been trying to find a way to remove the unsightly bags under of eyes for quite some time. They really bother me and I have no idea the best way was to get rid of them. I am definitely going to try out some of these ideas. I have been told about cucumbers in the past but never personally tried them. I have tried different creams but I seem to always have a allergic reaction to them and my eyes end up more puffy and red looking.

16. katship31

katship31New Member

Threads:
    I love the Rodan and Fields multi-function undereye cream. I use it at night and in the morning and it has really helped the puffiness and under eye bags.

17. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As bags under the eye or dark circles are not at all uncommon - even when people get an adequate amount of sleep and the cause can be related to many, many different things - for example - poor diet, allergies, fatigue, contact dermatitis, stress, excessive rubbing of the eyes as well as genetic and are often part of the aging process too - there is unfortunately no one solution for all - as its generally difficult to know how to address the problem without knowing the cause.

However that said - apart from the obvious of leading a healthy lifestyle and getting adequate sleep - I would suggest giving the following a try

raising the height of your pillows - as doing that helps to prevent any fluid pooling in the lower eyelids - the latter being one of the reasons for puffiness around the eye

using cold compresses - for example - as has already been mentioned - chilled tea bags work exceptionally well for this purpose

along with

storing all eye products in the fridge - for the simple reason - that not only does the cold boost the circulation around the eye - but temporarily dilates the blood vessels in the eye area too - thereby helping to reduce puffiness and dark circles.

particularly as - all of the above are known to be the best and most effective ways of reducing puffiness around the eyes.

18. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Besides cucumbers, slices of potatoes also help to reduce puffing.

Other beauty home remedy is hot compress of chamomile. Use chamomile bags applied directly on place.

19. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I've tried many different home remedies to help reduce bags under my eyes. If I don't get enough sleep then the next morning I'll try cool cucumber slices to reduce the bags under my eyes and the puffiness. I've also tried cool tea bags. This is nice as I make a cup of tea to wake me up and once the tea bag cools I'll use it to treat my tired looking eyes. I've also tried store bought solutions you can buy at the drug store but they don't seem to work. Just a waste of money.

20. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Try the potato remedy:
    1.cut the potato into sizes that is comfortable to fit over the area
    2. soak in water to soften the texture
    3. apply to the are for about 3 minutes