How often do you purchase new shoes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by lindbergh • Jan 17, 2015.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I currently have one pair of black shoes purchased last year which I use daily at work. I also have a pair of rubber shoes which I seldom use. It was given as a gift by my girl a year ago. And there's my sneakers which I purchased two years ago. It hasn't aged well to be honest. So in average, I purchase /acquire new shoes every year. What about you?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really set out to buy my shoes, I just buy them as and when the fancy takes me and when the budget allows it. I may not wear some of my shoes as often as some people would expect shoes to be worn, but that's because they all serve a specific purpose and are designed for very specific occasions :)

3. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    I usually don't go out purposely to buy shoes until the week of and only I am aware of a sale or coupon. The majority of the time I browse clearance or unknowingly come across a sales. If the shoes are $25 or under I will usually buy them. Of course, that is if I like them enough. Sometimes I will buy multiple pairs at once when the sale is very good. Specifically that is the care for gym shoes since I jog. They wear out faster for me.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am obsessed with makeup and clothes, however I don't buy that many shoes. So I only tend to buy shoes if I really feel like I need them. For example, I use flats to work and when I see that I'm repeating too much my flats or that they are getting old, I will buy a couple new flats. Same thing with sandals and things like that when I to go out, I will only buy new ones when I feel like I'm repeating them too much or if they are getting too used up.

5. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I only buy shoes when needed. If my shoes is too old and too ugly to be worn, then I'd buy one to replace the other. I am not really a big fan of shoes, just as long as I have something to use, I'm fine with that.

6. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I actually do not purchase shoes often usually, but just recently I purchased some for myself because I had gotten a Visa gift card, and I found some really cute floral-print shoes online. They were really cheap, so I figured, why not?! I also bought my son a new pair of boots and a new pair of Nike Jordan's. He is a different story, I have to buy him new ones all the time because he grows so quickly! He is only a year old and he is already a size 8 shoe!

7. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    During my four years in college, I only used my cleats, sneakers, and work shoes that I bought when I entered college the first time. I changed my sneakers and work shoes after graduation and haven't changed them since then (2 and a half years ago). That averages to about 1 year and 4 months per pair of shoes (I don't count sandals or flip flops). I guess that is an average number for males. Maybe females change shoes a lot more often.

8. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Well I buy 2 per year mostly. They don't last more than a few months because I like to walk a lot. I do not drive and I walk almost everywhere, tearing pairs like there is no tomorrow. In my college years I had chuck taylor's that I wore for a few years, 3 pairs of them. The comfort and flexibility of them allowed me to take them anywhere and still feel comfortable.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy new shoes on an as-per-need basis. I have the basics: three pairs of sandals, a formal glittery pair I can wear during weddings and other fancy occasions, two pairs of sneakers, an espadrilles and one or two pairs of flip-flops for casual walks and trips to the grocery. Should one of the current pairs start to wear away, that's when I buy a new one.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I buy a couple throughout the year although admittedly I know I would only ever need one or two pairs at most. I just like having variety and sometimes I'll see a design that I can't resist so I end up buying it and tell myself it would just serve as a backup so I don't end up wearing out the main pairs I have too quickly. I'm also looking into buying a ewe more of the cheap brands for when I am planning on just going somewhere nearby or if it's raining so I don't end up ruining my good shoes.

11. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I buy shoes about once a year in average. I haven't bought any the last couple of years but I got some shoes as gifts late last year. That's why I'm not thinking of buying a new pair any time soon. I'm currently all set because I have a pair of slip-ons, a pair of sneakers, and a pair of casual vans shoes. That's why I have a pair of shoes for any occasion, and I might only buy another pair if one of them accumulates enough wear and tear.

12. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I try to get new shoes as often as I possibly can. Maybe a new pair or two every two months or so. Shoes/sneakers are something that I like to switch up quite often. I always want to make sure I have a lot of options. It's the same thing with hats too.

13. RobertCMcElveen

RobertCMcElveenNew Member

Threads:
    You have three shoes which are good enough as per my thinking. I don't buy shoes frequently.